Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Default Re: Overnight - Worth a shot

Wow, it's amazing how screwed up this is even when they are doing something good like shipping early. Overnight would have been great for me, I was home all day today and mine shipped on Tuesday. Now I work tomorrow from 1:00pm - 10:00pm and according to the fedex website my phone has been sitting in Newark NJ since 10:40am this morning. My phone is scheduled to be delivered by 7:00pm tomorrow. People are getting theirs shipped out today and their phones will be be there before 3:00 tomorrow. Now, to find out that maybe all of the preorders should have been overnight seems a little nuts. But it makes more sense then some being 2 day and some being overnight.

It seems like possibly the orders going thru Memphis are going thru overnight but the ones going thru Pennsylvania are getting 2-day shipping.

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NIKSTORM View Post
    I just got off the phone with fed ex. I saw that my phone will br in my local ( area) facility late tonight easly tomorrow, but will not be put on a truck and delivered until Monday. I asked if I could just go and pick up my phone once it arrives at said facility tomorrow, and answer was yes. So instead of waiting till Monday evening ( fed ex route time for my house) for my phone I'm just gonna go get it myself.
    Now I live on long island NY and its a 15 minute drive for me. I realize that some of you are more rural. Just a suggestion though.
    Borrowed your idea, and gave Fedex a call and asked if I could just pick it up tomorrow at the local Fedex facility. The rep set it up so I could do it tomorrow as soon as they open at 8:30 am. Now I can pick it up at my convenience instead of worrying about not getting it before I go to work. Thanks

ROM
    Rooted .621, SynergyROM

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    It seems like possibly the orders going thru Memphis are going thru overnight but the ones going thru Pennsylvania are getting 2-day shipping.
    Maybe so. I have two separate orders both coming out of PA and both are listed as 2-day shipping (shipped out on 7/5 and arriving by 7/9 @ 7pm).

Same here. Not only that but it's been sitting in PA ALL DAY! I am in San Diego and am going to be gone starting Sunday night so Monday is really bad timing. Probably going to log on in the morning and if it's in San Diego, I am going to try to pick it up too. My sorting facility is only 15 min from my home...

Date/Time Activity Location Details
    Jul 5, 2012 4:00 PM Left FedEx origin facility COATESVILLE, PA
    Jul 5, 2012 11:37 AMPicked up WEST CHESTER, PA
    Jul 5, 2012 3:25 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

Just called Fed Ex.

IF the package makes it to the San Diego sorting facility by 5pm Saturday, I can go pick it up!! So I guess while they don't deliver on Saturdays, you can go get it if it's there. DEFINITELY worth a shot for those of you who are heading out of town next week or need it early.

I am going to keep tracking my package and see where it is come Saturday. They said I need to call in to the main Fed Ex number to let them know I am coming to get it before picking it up also.

Best of luck to all!

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1124 View Post
    Borrowed your idea, and gave Fedex a call and asked if I could just pick it up tomorrow at the local Fedex facility. The rep set it up so I could do it tomorrow as soon as they open at 8:30 am. Now I can pick it up at my convenience instead of worrying about not getting it before I go to work. Thanks
    Anyone know if they do Saturday pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by kath00 View Post
    Same here. Not only that but it's been sitting in PA ALL DAY! I am in San Diego and am going to be gone starting Sunday night so Monday is really bad timing. Probably going to log on in the morning and if it's in San Diego, I am going to try to pick it up too. My sorting facility is only 15 min from my home...

Jul 5, 2012 4:00 PM Left FedEx origin facility COATESVILLE, PA
    Jul 5, 2012 11:37 AMPicked up WEST CHESTER, PA
    Jul 5, 2012 3:25 AMShipment information sent to FedEx
    That's strange. Yours is the opposite of mine. My shipment info is the last item:

Jul 5, 2012 3:22 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx
    Jul 4, 2012 2:15 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityCOATESVILLE, PA
    Jul 4, 2012 8:25 AMPicked upWEST CHESTER, PA

Quote Originally Posted by wowpaw View Post
    Anyone know if they do Saturday pick up?
    I don't see why not .... Just call fed ex .... They are really nice

Quote Originally Posted by NIKSTORM View Post
    I don't see why not .... Just call fed ex .... They are really nice
    Yeah, figured I'd give it a shot. What number are you guys calling?

The number 4 posts above yours...
    Thanked by:
    wowpaw 

That's strange. Yours is the opposite of mine. My shipment info is the last item:

Scarry! Maybe it's going around in circles! LOL.

The number 4 posts above yours...
    Totally missed that part somehow.

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Scarry! Maybe it's going around in circles! LOL.
    Thing is west chester and coatesville are like 25 miles apart. Don't know why they would be transferring between those two cities.

Sent from my Jellybeaned Gnex

Same shipping info here. And now I am getting pissed because our cards were charged on Tuesday, and we've had no updated status in over 24 hours. Why charge my card on Tuesday and not give me delivery until Monday? I ordered 6/6 7:10am and I live 2 hours away from West Chester!

Quote Originally Posted by DianeR View Post
    Same shipping info here. And now I am getting pissed because our cards were charged on Tuesday, and we've had no updated status in over 24 hours. Why charge my card on Tuesday and not give me delivery until Monday? I ordered 6/6 7:10am and I live 2 hours away from West Chester!
    Yep! I ordered an hour after you. Meanwhile I see people whose ordered on the 26th having their orders go overnight from Memphis. This PA location is like a black hole!

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

I love how us out in California seem to have our phones sitting in PA for the past two days. I just called FedEx to see what was up and looks like it still hasn't left yet. Hopefully it will be at a sorting facility near me tomorrow. But if not, I've already accepted Monday as the day I'll get the phone.

I've been through this a few time with other packages with Fedex.

For those getting the run around about being allowed to pick up your phones at the local Fedex facility you just have to call Verizon and ask the CSR to call Fedex and redirect to allow customer pick up at the facility.

If you call Fedex directly, they will probably tell you that they have to attempt the first delivery because that is what the shipper (Verizon) asked for when they shipped it to you - they need a signature. So the only way to get around that (if the Fedex guy says no) is to call Verizon and have them change it. It costs them NOTHING to redirect the pick up at the facility no matter how they shipped it - overnight or 2nd day. If the CSR gives you the run around - elevate to the next tier or call back for a more responsive CSR that is willing to call Fedex.

I did that this morning and will be picking it up at the facility this afternoon.

Mine is now in Newark and I can't pick it up there because it's their hub at the airport. Only chance I have is if it leaves today and gets to the place in Connecticut so i can pick it up tomorrow.

Otherwise it's Monday for me too. So frustrating the whole overnight two day delivery thing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Chill145 View Post
    Mine is now in Newark and I can't pick it up there because it's their hub at the airport. Only chance I have is if it leaves today and gets to the place in Connecticut so i can pick it up tomorrow.

Otherwise it's Monday for me too. So frustrating the whole overnight two day delivery thing.

Mine is probably sitting next to yours in newark Where in connecticut do you live? I'm in East Lyme (New London area).

Quote Originally Posted by Vikman View Post
    Mine is probably sitting next to yours in newark Where in connecticut do you live? I'm in East Lyme (New London area).
    Very nice area but I'm up in Bristol. Wishing you luck in getting your phone, I'm hopeful they will be in Connecticut today since they got to Newark so early.

There has still not been an update on my tracking info since yesterday morning at ~3AM. Apparently FedEx wants to make extra certain they don't deliver my phone early...
    I called Verizon yesterday to see about getting it delivered today. Verizon says they contacted FedEx and submitted the necessary request. I called FedEx today and they say they received nothing from Verizon. Looks like Monday is the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Chill145 View Post
    Very nice area but I'm up in Bristol. Wishing you luck in getting your phone, I'm hopeful they will be in Connecticut today since they got to Newark so early.

Ah yes you are a lot closer to newark than I am.

Yeah just called FedX...package still sitting in PA @ airport...picked up on 4th...**** poor service both on part of Verizon and FedX. Can't get ETA on arrival into DEN so guess ir will sit in a warehouse over weekend be delivered by 7:00pm on Monday...

There has still not been an update on my tracking info since yesterday morning at ~3AM. Apparently FedEx wants to make extra certain they don't deliver my phone early...
    I called Verizon yesterday to see about getting it delivered today. Verizon says they contacted FedEx and submitted the necessary request. I called FedEx today and they say they received nothing from Verizon. Looks like Monday is the day.
    Check your fedex tracking. Did the "service type" change to overnight?!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast