Overnight - Worth a shot

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with fed ex. I saw that my phone will br in my local ( area) facility late tonight easly tomorrow, but will not be put on a truck and delivered until Monday. I asked if I could just go and pick up my phone once it arrives at said facility tomorrow, and answer was yes. So instead of waiting till Monday evening ( fed ex route time for my house) for my phone I'm just gonna go get it myself.
Now I live on long island NY and its a 15 minute drive for me. I realize that some of you are more rural. Just a suggestion though.

Reactions: mjs1124

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
So i called vzw customer service and they said all preorders go out overnight. Mine was 2 days and apparently the mistake was made at the vzw warehouse. He called fedex but they couldn't change it. He apologized for whatever thats worth.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

mjs1124

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Wow, it's amazing how screwed up this is even when they are doing something good like shipping early. Overnight would have been great for me, I was home all day today and mine shipped on Tuesday. Now I work tomorrow from 1:00pm - 10:00pm and according to the fedex website my phone has been sitting in Newark NJ since 10:40am this morning. My phone is scheduled to be delivered by 7:00pm tomorrow. People are getting theirs shipped out today and their phones will be be there before 3:00 tomorrow. Now, to find out that maybe all of the preorders should have been overnight seems a little nuts. But it makes more sense then some being 2 day and some being overnight.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It seems like possibly the orders going thru Memphis are going thru overnight but the ones going thru Pennsylvania are getting 2-day shipping.

mjs1124

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with fed ex. I saw that my phone will br in my local ( area) facility late tonight easly tomorrow, but will not be put on a truck and delivered until Monday. I asked if I could just go and pick up my phone once it arrives at said facility tomorrow, and answer was yes. So instead of waiting till Monday evening ( fed ex route time for my house) for my phone I'm just gonna go get it myself.
Now I live on long island NY and its a 15 minute drive for me. I realize that some of you are more rural. Just a suggestion though.
Borrowed your idea, and gave Fedex a call and asked if I could just pick it up tomorrow at the local Fedex facility. The rep set it up so I could do it tomorrow as soon as they open at 8:30 am. Now I can pick it up at my convenience instead of worrying about not getting it before I go to work. Thanks

shatter71

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
It seems like possibly the orders going thru Memphis are going thru overnight but the ones going thru Pennsylvania are getting 2-day shipping.

Maybe so. I have two separate orders both coming out of PA and both are listed as 2-day shipping (shipped out on 7/5 and arriving by 7/9 @ 7pm).

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Not only that but it's been sitting in PA ALL DAY! I am in San Diego and am going to be gone starting Sunday night so Monday is really bad timing. Probably going to log on in the morning and if it's in San Diego, I am going to try to pick it up too. My sorting facility is only 15 min from my home...

Date/Time Activity Location Details
Jul 5, 2012 4:00 PM Left FedEx origin facility COATESVILLE, PA
Jul 5, 2012 11:37 AMPicked up WEST CHESTER, PA
Jul 5, 2012 3:25 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Just called Fed Ex.

IF the package makes it to the San Diego sorting facility by 5pm Saturday, I can go pick it up!! So I guess while they don't deliver on Saturdays, you can go get it if it's there. DEFINITELY worth a shot for those of you who are heading out of town next week or need it early.

I am going to keep tracking my package and see where it is come Saturday. They said I need to call in to the main Fed Ex number to let them know I am coming to get it before picking it up also.

Best of luck to all!

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Borrowed your idea, and gave Fedex a call and asked if I could just pick it up tomorrow at the local Fedex facility. The rep set it up so I could do it tomorrow as soon as they open at 8:30 am. Now I can pick it up at my convenience instead of worrying about not getting it before I go to work. Thanks

Anyone know if they do Saturday pick up?

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Not only that but it's been sitting in PA ALL DAY! I am in San Diego and am going to be gone starting Sunday night so Monday is really bad timing. Probably going to log on in the morning and if it's in San Diego, I am going to try to pick it up too. My sorting facility is only 15 min from my home...

Jul 5, 2012 4:00 PM Left FedEx origin facility COATESVILLE, PA
Jul 5, 2012 11:37 AMPicked up WEST CHESTER, PA
Jul 5, 2012 3:25 AMShipment information sent to FedEx
That's strange. Yours is the opposite of mine. My shipment info is the last item:

Jul 5, 2012 3:22 AM Shipment information sent to FedEx
Jul 4, 2012 2:15 PMLeft FedEx origin facilityCOATESVILLE, PA
Jul 4, 2012 8:25 AMPicked upWEST CHESTER, PA

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
That's strange. Yours is the opposite of mine. My shipment info is the last item:

Scarry! Maybe it's going around in circles! LOL.

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

Same shipping info here. And now I am getting pissed because our cards were charged on Tuesday, and we've had no updated status in over 24 hours. Why charge my card on Tuesday and not give me delivery until Monday? I ordered 6/6 7:10am and I live 2 hours away from West Chester!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma