Overnight - Worth a shot

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Same shipping info here. And now I am getting pissed because our cards were charged on Tuesday, and we've had no updated status in over 24 hours. Why charge my card on Tuesday and not give me delivery until Monday? I ordered 6/6 7:10am and I live 2 hours away from West Chester!
Yep! I ordered an hour after you. Meanwhile I see people whose ordered on the 26th having their orders go overnight from Memphis. This PA location is like a black hole!

rovercash

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I love how us out in California seem to have our phones sitting in PA for the past two days. I just called FedEx to see what was up and looks like it still hasn't left yet. Hopefully it will be at a sorting facility near me tomorrow. But if not, I've already accepted Monday as the day I'll get the phone.

yanger

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've been through this a few time with other packages with Fedex.

For those getting the run around about being allowed to pick up your phones at the local Fedex facility you just have to call Verizon and ask the CSR to call Fedex and redirect to allow customer pick up at the facility.

If you call Fedex directly, they will probably tell you that they have to attempt the first delivery because that is what the shipper (Verizon) asked for when they shipped it to you - they need a signature. So the only way to get around that (if the Fedex guy says no) is to call Verizon and have them change it. It costs them NOTHING to redirect the pick up at the facility no matter how they shipped it - overnight or 2nd day. If the CSR gives you the run around - elevate to the next tier or call back for a more responsive CSR that is willing to call Fedex.

I did that this morning and will be picking it up at the facility this afternoon.

Chill145

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine is now in Newark and I can't pick it up there because it's their hub at the airport. Only chance I have is if it leaves today and gets to the place in Connecticut so i can pick it up tomorrow.

Otherwise it's Monday for me too. So frustrating the whole overnight two day delivery thing.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Mine is now in Newark and I can't pick it up there because it's their hub at the airport. Only chance I have is if it leaves today and gets to the place in Connecticut so i can pick it up tomorrow.

Otherwise it's Monday for me too. So frustrating the whole overnight two day delivery thing.

Mine is probably sitting next to yours in newark :) Where in connecticut do you live? I'm in East Lyme (New London area).

Chill145

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Mine is probably sitting next to yours in newark :) Where in connecticut do you live? I'm in East Lyme (New London area).

Very nice area but I'm up in Bristol. Wishing you luck in getting your phone, I'm hopeful they will be in Connecticut today since they got to Newark so early.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
There has still not been an update on my tracking info since yesterday morning at ~3AM. Apparently FedEx wants to make extra certain they don't deliver my phone early... :p
I called Verizon yesterday to see about getting it delivered today. Verizon says they contacted FedEx and submitted the necessary request. I called FedEx today and they say they received nothing from Verizon. Looks like Monday is the day.

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Very nice area but I'm up in Bristol. Wishing you luck in getting your phone, I'm hopeful they will be in Connecticut today since they got to Newark so early.

Ah yes you are a lot closer to newark than I am.

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah just called FedX...package still sitting in PA @ airport...picked up on 4th...piss poor service both on part of Verizon and FedX. Can't get ETA on arrival into DEN so guess ir will sit in a warehouse over weekend be delivered by 7:00pm on Monday...

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
There has still not been an update on my tracking info since yesterday morning at ~3AM. Apparently FedEx wants to make extra certain they don't deliver my phone early... :p
I called Verizon yesterday to see about getting it delivered today. Verizon says they contacted FedEx and submitted the necessary request. I called FedEx today and they say they received nothing from Verizon. Looks like Monday is the day.

Check your fedex tracking. Did the "service type" change to overnight?!

soccerdude2014

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
I love how us out in California seem to have our phones sitting in PA for the past two days. I just called FedEx to see what was up and looks like it still hasn't left yet. Hopefully it will be at a sorting facility near me tomorrow. But if not, I've already accepted Monday as the day I'll get the phone.

same thing with me, but i just refreshed, and it says it is now in Newark, New Jersey!!

But still, pretty slow service imo...I think UPS is better -_-

yanger

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Sooo called Fedex to verify I can pick up this afternoon...nope can't it's still in a cargo container that won't be broken until Sunday night for a Monday delivery.

Said they show no calls from Verizon...Verizon CSR flat out lied to me .... awesome.

Oh well Monday it is...

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Check your fedex tracking. Did the "service type" change to overnight?!
Nope. Phone just arrived in Newark. I am literally 40 minutes from Newark Airport. I called FedEx and asked if there was any way to pick it up myself either from there or a local depot prior to Monday. I was specifically told "no" since it has to go through the sorting process.
Monday will be the day. Not happy but I can't really complain too hard since I was originally told the phone would first be shipping on Monday.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Sooo called Fedex to verify I can pick up this afternoon...nope can't it's still in a cargo container that won't be broken until Sunday night for a Monday delivery.

Said they show no calls from Verizon...Verizon CSR flat out lied to me .... awesome.

Oh well Monday it is...
Same here. Either Verizon lied or handed it off to someone who didn't follow through. Either way it ain't happening today... :( My Droid X needs to continue doing its job for another 3 days.

pvd643

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Just called VZW for another update since I was charged yesterday afternoon but still have not received a tracking number yet as of now. Lady said that when she checked it was still in limbo between getting packed up and actually being shipped out. I asked if she could change the delivery to overnight and I was put on hold for a few min before she came back and told me that she was able to do that.

Not counting on it definitely arriving tomorrow (because of reports in other threads of csr's misleading other posters on here), but hopefully she meant what she said and it will arrive tomorrow. I explained that I would be at work Monday and no one would be home to sign for it when I asked for overnight shipping. Hopefully it comes tomorrow. I guess when I finally get the tracking number today I will know for sure.

shatter71

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Both of my orders finally hit somewhere besides PA...

Jul 6, 2012 12:30 PM Arrived at FedEx location INDIANAPOLIS, IN

BTW, Saturday delivery is "special" and that is why us 2-day delivery folks with packages shipping on July 5 are getting ours on Monday instead of Saturday. If you get overnight shipping at this point you will also get delivery on Monday July 9 as Saturday doesn't count as a delivery day (unless you pay more for special Saturday delivery) just as Sunday doesn't count against the clock either.

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
UGH! All day yesterday my phone sat in PA.

All day today my phone is sitting in NJ.

Not likely gonna make it to San Diego tomorrow for me to pick up. FUDGE! Monday no one is home to receive. SOOOOO annoyed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad