A question about buying a S3 retail.

blueyzfr6

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Actually a couple questions.

1st. Where do ya think will be the cheapest place to purchase it retail???? Verizon B&M store, Verizonwireless.com, Amazon, Best Buy, or any other stores.

2nd. Say I buy it from Craigslist, or E-Bay, Does my warranty AND insurance cover it if something happens to it?

Thanks

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Verizon would most likely be cheapest. Most 3rd party vendors, for some reason sell the phone off contract for ridiculous prices like $799 and wont price match. At least that's what I have seen.

If you buy from somewhere else warranty coverage sticks but usually if you don't already have insurance you can't add it if you didn't buy it from Verizon. But if you already have insurance when you add the new phone they usually let you keep everything the same. Again, just my experience.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Best Buy is horrible with buying outright - they tend to inflate their prices $100-$150. I would recommend doing Verizon for the best price. Buy off CL or eBay and you don't get a warranty as you'll get no proof of purchase.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy is horrible with buying outright - they tend to inflate their prices $100-$150. I would recommend doing Verizon for the best price. Buy off CL or eBay and you don't get a warranty as you'll get no proof of purchase.

Usually warranty coverage sticks for 1 year from purchase date. Verizon or samsung could see when coverage begins. I've got warranty repairs a couple times for phones I bought off eBay. Maybe they changed it since I last did it a year and a half ago.

I would also just get square trade coverage. Cheaper than the monthly fee and in many cases better service.

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on Verizon's website and got $130.00 off for some special promotion. My friend ordered the same day (June 27) and got $50 off. So at least check there and go all the way to the end before you finalize to see if you qualify for some discounts.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Usually warranty coverage sticks for 1 year from purchase date. Verizon or samsung could see when coverage begins. I've got warranty repairs a couple times for phones I bought off eBay. Maybe they changed it since I last did it a year and a half ago.

I would also just get square trade coverage. Cheaper than the monthly fee and in many cases better service.

I've used SquareTrade before and they are awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36