When to activate??

acun6699

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a question about when I should activate my phone when it arrives.

My account was just charged but with no tracking number, so I'm assuming its getting here on Monday the 9th.

A verizon rep mentioned to me when I pre-ordered on June 6th that when I receive my phone, I should wait until the end of my billing cycle to activate my phone. He said that the reason he recommends doing this because this will prevent verizon charging me 3 weeks worth of 3G service and then pretty much charge me the full month of 4G for the remaining of the month?

This doesnt make sense to me, but maybe I'm not seeing something here.

Would like to hear your guy's opinions.

Thanks

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had a question about when I should activate my phone when it arrives.

My account was just charged but with no tracking number, so I'm assuming its getting here on Monday the 9th.

A verizon rep mentioned to me when I pre-ordered on June 6th that when I receive my phone, I should wait until the end of my billing cycle to activate my phone. He said that the reason he recommends doing this because this will prevent verizon charging me 3 weeks worth of 3G service and then pretty much charge me the full month of 4G for the remaining of the month?

This doesnt make sense to me, but maybe I'm not seeing something here.

Would like to hear your guy's opinions.

Thanks

If you have unlimited and you're going to still have unlimited then your bill should stay the same so I don't see why your activation date should matter. If you've changed something that would different.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums