Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

I've been all over the place. I noticed out yesterday that I had 4 bars so I ran it and got my best number yet. The pathetic numbers on here are from the weekend when I was having some strange issue connecting to LTE.
    Attachment 31227

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone tested their 4G SPEEDS on the S3?

My speeds in the Minneapolis, MN area are terrible (<2 mbps down, <1.5 up), which is surprising because my Thunderbolt was darn nice (typically 15-25 down, at least 5 up). Anyone else in the Twins Cities have better results with their S3?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #78  

Finally got a decent test result; 32MBps down / 10MBps up.
    That being said, I was driving on interstate, and could literally see the Verizon logo on the tower while testing. I'm guessing that's about as fast as I'm going to get!

Carrier
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by EconomicMayhem View Post
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this particular thread is discussing 4g speeds, not the galaxy s3. If I thought the discussion was specifically galaxy s3 related I'd shut up.

Sent from my LG-F160S, LG Optimus LTE 2
    Check the thread title, "anyone test their 4g speeds on the s3." Seems specific to the s3 to me.

Also, this is the Verizon gs3 section of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by firetruck41 View Post
    How about this, from my S3: 71mbps down, 26 up, ping of 50!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Display your result in mbps instead of kbps. Your result is actually 68mbps.
    Still not bad.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #81  

Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    Display your result in mbps instead of kbps. Your result is actually 68mbps.
    Still not bad.
    Not bad? LOL! ...not bad.

Freaggin awesome, I'd say!

Quote Originally Posted by mylasthope View Post
    Check the thread title, "anyone test their 4g speeds on the s3." Seems specific to the s3 to me.

Quick question. What does your phone have to do with 4G speeds?

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #83  

Because if I was interested in your LG, I would have posted topic in an LG forum (or a more generic category)..... Sorry not trying to be ugly. Just answering the question.

Quote Originally Posted by mylasthope View Post

Well since my phone isn't available in the US or any English speaking country, under your principle I'm not allowed to post anywhere. Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to register.

Don't tell me my phone will be soon available in the US. It won't. My phone has 2GB of ram, not one, like the rumored US version.

I live in the heart of St. Louis Mo and my speeds down rite suck. I got better with my Sprint Wimax. I have tried inside and outside, In open spaces and around buildings. My average speeds are about 2 Mbps down and 2.5 mbps up.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

At work I'm hitting 25Mbps download and 11.38Mbps upload but at home i'm only getting 1.80Mbps to 8.07Mbps download and 0.43Mbps to 2.35Mbps upload. Home doesn't get that good of a signal and I'm with Verizon.

Nashville, TN (downtown area) - 28.69mb dl, 10.61mb up
    Mount Juliet, TN - 20.99mb down, 7.87mb up

(Using Speedtest)

Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

Got a range of 5 to 14mbps download and 9 to 10 mbps upload.

Was also wondering why server is way out of my area range?
    It say that I'm closer to Kansas then my home in Denver. Lol

Well since my phone isn't available in the US or any English speaking country, under your principle I'm not allowed to post anywhere. Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to register.

Don't tell me my phone will be soon available in the US. It won't. My phone has 2GB of ram, not one, like the rumored US version.
    This thread is specifically to see what the S3's LTE radio is pulling.

From a bystander's perspective, it's puzzling why you're even in this section of the forum, let alone talking about the speed of wi-fi in South Korea.
    MERCDROID, Suntan and droidtime like this.

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock, Bugless Beast

I just popped my SIM car back into my nexus and tested the speeds. I got like 3 mbps down 1 up. On my S3 I got around 10 mbps down 11 up.

Averaging 28 down and 18 up in NYC

SGS3 production

Quote Originally Posted by Sentrix View Post
    This thread is specifically to see what the S3's LTE radio is pulling.

From a bystander's perspective, it's puzzling why you're even in this section of the forum, let alone talking about the speed of wi-fi in South Korea.
    Let me rephrase my previous response. I'm here because I don't want to talk to myself in some dark forgotten part of the forum because I'm cursed with an awesome international phone the US will never see. Sorry for bothering you. I'll go back to the hole I crawled out of.

Holy moly 52mb down, actual location in Stockton California about 300 yards from the tower.

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

Let me rephrase my previous response. I'm here because I don't want to talk to myself in some dark forgotten part of the forum because I'm cursed with an awesome international phone the US will never see. Sorry for bothering you. I'll go back to the hole I crawled out of.

There's no problem with you posting in other forums if you have something constructive to contribute to the threads in that forum. The problem is that you're coming off as a d!@%. It's perfectly fine for you to post your 4g speeds, but adding that your phone is better than the US version, or that Korea has the fastest internet in the world, helps no one here in this thread. We just got our GS3s, that have 2GB of RAM, so it does not matter if the US version of your phone only has 1GB. We probably wouldnt buy it anyway. Have a great day
    SAHARAT and droidtime like this.

Sitting at a Perkins yesterday having breakfast...

-Suntan

I had my tb for some time and could NEVER break the 30mbps barrier, and i had 3 or 4 tb, so I know that it was not a defect in my phone. Both my rez and s3 were able to break the 60mbps barrier. This is with many tests throughout multiple days at the same location. There are other phones that get good speeds, others not as good. These are generalizations of course, based on the testament of those who have had multiple phones as well.

Sure, you can post your opinion, it's a free country (well, at least the US is, which is where the Verizon gs3 is sold, and this being a Verizon gs3 forum and all). But please, keep it related to the Verizon gs3. if you wish to discuss rumored phones, then there is a forum for that.

Why do you people continue to test speeds using wifi? Forget that, it means nothing

What you should be testing is how 4 G compares to your 3G speeds on a daily basis using sites like CNN or anything with lots of text and graphics. I can tell you for a fact that in real world day to day web browsing, my Verizon iPhone 4s spanks the galaxy loading up full sites. And when using the reader option, by the time I read from the iPhone reader, the galaxy reader barely finishes its format. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by ferniesp View Post
    I can tell you for a fact that in real world day to day web browsing, my Verizon iPhone 4s spanks the galaxy loading up full sites.
    ...Ugh... ...you've got a cool phone, so you're cool...

-Suntan

Quote Originally Posted by ferniesp View Post
    Why do you people continue to test speeds using wifi? Forget that, it means nothing

What you should be testing is how 4 G compares to your 3G speeds on a daily basis using sites like CNN or anything with lots of text and graphics. I can tell you for a fact that in real world day to day web browsing, my Verizon iPhone 4s spanks the galaxy loading up full sites. And when using the reader option, by the time I read from the iPhone reader, the galaxy reader barely finishes its format. Pathetic.
    I tried to compare the 4s with my rezound over mobile data. Rezound was faster most of the time. Of course, we are comparing a 4g vs 3g phone. With regards to your gs3, make sure that it is in iPhone mode(some browsers have this option) , and disable flash.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast