How to turn off 4g

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You have to go into Settings>Wireless & Networks>

I believe its Mobile Network or if Verizon has another option but there will be something that allows you to select either

CDMA/LTE or CDMA only.

Once you select it either your device will reboot or you have to manually reboot for the settings to take affect.

There is no widgets or toggles that I'm aware of at this time that will allow you to change it otherwise... Custom ROMs will most likely have a toggle added to the notification pulldown along with other toggles.

mrmurdstone

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to find the 4g on/off settings myself and it's been a real mystery.

However I did find these settings

Settings>more settings>mobile networks>access point names>

There are two choices from here

EHRPD - Verizon Internet
LTE - Verizon Internet

I assume that the EHRPD setting is 3g and the LTE is, well...LTE 4G.

However, I haven't had time to experiment so your mileage may vary.

Bad_SNaCKY

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to find the 4g on/off settings myself and it's been a real mystery.

However I did find these settings

EHRPD - Verizon Internet
LTE - Verizon Internet

I assume that the EHRPD setting is 3g and the LTE is, well...LTE 4G.

However, I haven't had time to experiment so your mileage may vary.

I noticed this too, the phone is defaulted to 'EHRPD - Verizon Internet' and i noticed i was going in and out of 4G coverage depending where i was. So maybe the 1st setting hooks onto whatever is strongest/available and the 2nd 'LTE - Verizon Internet' is strictly 4G?

The path cory suggests doesn't exist; yeah, i'm confused.

shantheman#AC

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Please understand there is NOT the CDMA/LTE option like other Verizon LTE phones.
I did see the Droid razr work around. Ill give that a try.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
So is it going to automatically change? Cause I know some days my rezound has issues with 4G so I switch to CDMA only so my phone isn't using so much battery looking for 4G!
This is something they should always have cause 4G is not always the strongest signal!

shantheman#AC

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Didi...it automatically changes. I just traveled from my home to Chicago and it went between the two. My frustration is there is no way to manually shut it off. Yet.
Btw...the *#*#...method did not work either.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Geez I hope it changes better then my Rezound, it sucks at changing from 4G to 3G! I agree that being ale to do it manually would be better!

MrAndyG210

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site

EHRPD - Verizon Internet
LTE - Verizon Internet

Thats how i switch between 4G and 3G i also had to put my phone in airplane mode then turn airplane mode off for it to reset back to 3G

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This is really annoying. I guess I get spotty 4G connection here at work. On my DX I got great 3G coverage. So now I have to wait for the phone to drop the 4G connection and then fail to reconnect before it switches to 3G.

But of course then it switches back to 4G. This is going to get very annoying and frustrating having it constantly switch back and forth and losing internet when it does.

I wish I could just turn 4G off!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Droidbeyond

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Am in the same boat... My Verizon service sucks in my building at work...(work in a building that is a AT&T tower and it seams to block my verizon connection..) ... Moving to 3G only would save me some power... Ugh.... Hope for a solution soon...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles