For those that didn't get a chance to pre-order..

rayawsum

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade date was past the June 28th deadline to avoid dropping my unlimited data. Unable to get an early upgrade, my only choice is to get it for retail, these are my options:

1. Buy at full retail from Verizon
2. Buy off ebay for slightly cheaper price than full retail, but who knows how long that will take
3. Wait couple months for it to go on craigslist, which will be forever

I've been waiting for a phone like this since the SGS2 was NOT announced for Verizon, and have been rocking a $100 cracked screen nexus off craigslist for the past couple of months while waiting this phone. I'd like to get the phone ASAP and full retail from Verizon seems best choice so far.. Anyone have any other suggestions?

johnatthebar

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
They will be on eBay sooner than you think. I've purchased several phones this way. People change their minds, get them as gifts, are given work phones, etc. I bought a GNex on eBay for $500 only a month after they launched and it was in a sealed box. This phone is far more popular so I'd think there will be more for even less.

I know vzw only activates its own devices, but I'm thinking there is chance that if a custom ROM unlocks the device an ATT or TMO model may work since its just a matter of a Sim ID. If that's the case there would be an even bigger market.

Easy for me to say, I know, but I really think that within 4-6 weeks you will see them in like new condition on eBay for $500 or less if one is a savvy ebayer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay