How much do you think it will sell for?

davidb72

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
So if the Verizon Galaxy S3 has a locked bootloader and verizon has done their other fantastic work to the UI (WIFI toggle for starters), what do you think a brand new in the box never even opened 32Gb Pebble Blue would sell for?

At this rate I'll just pocket the cash and keep on using my fascinate or buy a Gnex off of CL until my 2 years is up.

I guess the true test would be to put it on Ebay and let the bidders decide, but any idea on what to set as a reserve?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on the buyer and where they are located and how fast you are trying to sell it. I've been monitoring eBay for the last 2 days and I've seen the auction prices go above full retail. And this is because of tax. Many have to pay tax where they live and in most states you don't have to pay tax on eBay. I live in Delaware (no sales tax) so it has been hard to find one this soon lower than retail. I would say just give it a shot and list it around retail price. There are only a couple Verizon models up now and very few blue so you have a good shot a getting a nice profit.

Reactions: davidb72

jsiler

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
If you do decide to sell an unopened S3, don't you have to open it up to activate it, then switch to another phone on your line?

How can you sell a phone without opening it on Verizon?

davidb72

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
If you do decide to sell an unopened S3, don't you have to open it up to activate it, then switch to another phone on your line?

I honestly don't know, I assumed that by not opening it and leaving it exactly the way it was when it left Verizon that it would retain the most value.

I would think that whoever buys it (if I sell it locally) would want to take it to a Verizon store to have it checked out.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine will sell for the full retail that I paid as soon as I box it back up and return it to verizon if it doesn't get at least the bootloader figured out. Not going to play the russian roulette update game.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site

I honestly don't know, I assumed that by not opening it and leaving it exactly the way it was when it left Verizon that it would retain the most value.

I would think that whoever buys it (if I sell it locally) would want to take it to a Verizon store to have it checked out.

Curious about this, cause I'm buying mine off someone that is doing just that.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
they have to agree to the terms first but I think you can do that online, otherwise verizon will have it listed as unable to activate. I would call verizon and ask. Say you are giving it to someone as a present and if you need to activate it first or what.

NightxFall

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I would wait a week or so before selling it. The devs have already achieved root and are working hard to crack the bootloader. We may even be able to flash custom kernels eventually. Just sit tight and wait til the situation gets figured out

Sent from my Ally using Android Central Forums

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Full retail is $649 so I'd set a reserve of around $550 and a buy now price of $600.

I just sold one of my upgrades on Ebay (16 gb white) for 580.01. I was pretty happy with that price since i only paid 243.99, but then I saw that Ebay took out 52.xx and paypal took out 17.xx. I've never sold a phone on ebay before so I didn't know what to expect, but i thought it was kinda high. Granted i don't mind paying for a service and I expected to pay something, it just seemed a little excessive. So if the OP decides to sell I would suggest trying Craigs list first and setting the price a little under what you would on Ebay, he'll still make more in the end than he would on Ebay. I would have done this, I just had no idea Ebay/PayPal took out that much.

shantheman#AC

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Ebays fees have gotten crazy. And it is deceiving...they tell u the cost of the auction...which is less than $2 usually...but leave out the fact they are gonna nail u on a percentage of the sale.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ebays fees have gotten crazy. And it is deceiving...they tell u the cost of the auction...which is less than $2 usually...but leave out the fact they are gonna nail u on a percentage of the sale.

They don't deceive you with the fees - click on the blue links and it will open a new page. But on the same token, the eBay and PayPal fees are out of control - they bend you over without the common courtesy of a reach around.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

This is why people should read. If they read them they wouldn't be surprised. Anyhow, I do agree the fees are a bit much though. This probably leads to a lot of people going the Craigslist route or selling on sites like this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair