How's the battery life?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Of course it will take a couple more days to really see but has anyone who got the device yesterday and early today notice and significant differences with other phones?

komatoez

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I went through my first charge pretty quickly. I downloaded at least 300MB of apps and such over so so 4G and had over 4 hours of screen time from a quick first charge (I took it off the charger soon after it showed 100% rather than let it sit). See the screen captures below. Also, I was having the wifi connection issues until I remembered that I had to do something about that (thanks forums!). All in all, I am very happy with the battery life so far, but then I am coming from a thunderbolt that was terrible.

droid83

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Too early to tell. I can say its better than the Tbolt on the first day. Need to let it drain a few times, recharge and get better result. I'm not even using the 2850mah battery I got on ebay. Test mode at the moment.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I always like to burn through a few cycles with the battery before getting a good feel on how the battery is. And not to mention most people aren't putting them down. :D

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Only been a little more than 24 hours but so far my battery life is very impressive coming from the GN.

R

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I went through my first charge pretty quickly. I downloaded at least 300MB of apps and such over so so 4G and had over 4 hours of screen time from a quick first charge (I took it off the charger soon after it showed 100% rather than let it sit). See the screen captures below. Also, I was having the wifi connection issues until I remembered that I had to do something about that (thanks forums!). All in all, I am very happy with the battery life so far, but then I am coming from a thunderbolt that was terrible.

Wifi connection issues?

komatoez

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. The wifi connection sort of goes in and out. You can fix it by dialing dialing a code (something like *#1100#) then selecting wifi from the menu and then turning off power save off.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: shaffertyler

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am on the sprint one but hey we all have the same battery so..

I took these right as I plugged the phone in to go to bed. I was on 3g for at least 9-10 hours due to work during this time so if I had wifi I think it would of lasted longer.

633bdf21-6765-2539.jpg

633bdf21-6770-b21c.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Forgetful

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Anybody care to share what percentage do you have your screen brightness set at? I usually set mine at 50% but thinking of going 100%

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
^ Can't really compare since we have LTE which tends to be a battery hog.

I will in a month or two :).

But some can compare wifi usage to this. Some have wifi a lot so their battery will be awesome

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I will in a month or two :).

But some can compare wifi usage to this. Some have wifi a lot so their battery will be awesome

What does wifi have to do with it? It just makes sense to compare battery life with the same network for consistency.

Necronius

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
is anyone else having huge power draw from their browser? I've tried chrome and ics browser+ and they are obliterating my battery. 36 minutes into a fresh charge I'm down to 86% charge. I checked what was draining it, and the browser accounts for 46% vs only 23% for the screen. I've never seen an app drain more than the screen. No idea what to do to improve it.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
is anyone else having huge power draw from their browser? I've tried chrome and ics browser+ and they are obliterating my battery. 36 minutes into a fresh charge I'm down to 86% charge. I checked what was draining it, and the browser accounts for 46% vs only 23% for the screen. I've never seen an app drain more than the screen. No idea what to do to improve it.

That's still not too bad. At that rate, you'll get over 4 hours of usage.