Jul 5, 9:52pm Left FE orgin facility Memphis, TN
Jul 5, 10:06pm Arrived at FE location Memphis, TN
Jul 6, 3:00am Left FE location Memphis, TN
Jul 6, 4:06am At destination sort facility Dallas, Tx
Jul 7, 4:16pm In Transit Memphis, TN
Jul 7, 4:26pm Departed FE location Memphis, TN
Jul 8, 2:24am Arrived FE location Fort Worth, Tx
Jul 9, 3:54am Departed FE location Fort Worth, Tx

I live in Fort Worth. This does not say out for delivery. Does this mean it's taking another scenic trip? Who knows any more.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Granted I still think my GS3 should have arrived already...reading this thread has helped me understand (a little) why my phone is so close...yet so far away.

I live in central DE...about 2 hours from the West Chester, PA location where the phone originated on 7/6. From there it took a small trip west to Coatesville, PA and then went East to Newark, NJ by the next morning, 7/7. It sat there all day, until it again went West to go to Baltimore, MD...where it no doubt had to be driven through DE in order to get to Baltimore.

As of this morning, 7/9, the shipping info still says it is in Baltimore...and it has an expected delivery date of 7/10. It is infuriating to know how close it is, but I'm trying to make sense of it if FedEx prioritizes its shipments by delivery date...instead of doing the RIGHT thing and just sending all packages out to the customers as quickly as possible!
The RIGHT thing is to deliver the packages when promised. Period. I'm just as disappointed as you about delivery time but I also understand that if FedEx just throws everything out as soon as possible they'll be completely disorganized and deliveries will be missed. The volume of deliveries these companies make and don't screw up (especially since Internet shopping became popular) is incomprehensible to me. Instead of complaining just appreciate what they are accomplishing.
For the record, I ordered on June 6th and my phone is just now on a truck for delivery today so I haven't received anything yet either.

FishMeetFish

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
In some cases, even UPS Ground is faster than FedEx 2nd Day Service. It takes UPS Ground 1 day shipping from PA to NY. And if UPS is late, shipping is on them, they guarantee it.

I received shipping notice on July 4th. FedEx picked up the packages on July 5th AM. I'm still waiting for my packages to arrive today. If my packages were shipped UPS Ground, I would have already received last Friday.

Seems like FedEx 2nd Day Service is sort by delivery date, not the fastest route. Whereas, UPS seem to always sort by fastest route.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Fedex is suffering here from expectation management. My tracking info came (finally) and it shows "picked up" on 7/8 which was a sunday. Was it actually picked up and at fedex yet? No of course not, it was at the verizon distribution center sitting next to their fedex station since it just got taped up. Verizon has been busting their ass to get all the preorders out by the store date (the 10th) so they worked all weekend but Fedex isnt going to get any of the boxes til their next scheduled pickup. Fedex has been moving the boxes according to when they actually get on the fedex truck which seems to be almost always a day or two after it's been packed at the verizon warehouse. So what if the tracking web site is inaccurate thanks to Verizon going ballistic and scanning boxes at all hours of the day/night and on holidays, and all weekend? The rushed delivery pace has been Verizon's fault and not Fedex's.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It seems to me that when a shipper pays for “overnight” or “2nd day” through UPS or FedEx, they are paying for the GUARANTEED delivery time, but the carrier should feel free to exceed that guarantee if they can… if you live in NJ, FedEx shouldn’t be circling the block with your package for an extra day just to make you wait. But for some of you it seems they are… Whenever I order through Amazon, I always go free super saver shipping, which is UPS ground. With that method, Amazon seems to sit on shipments for a day or two, but once they ship it UPS doesn’t waste any time. I’ve even had stuff shipped “ground” that I’ve watched the tracking and it obviously was on a plane due to the short transit time. I always figured they fill the plane with the guaranteed overnight/2nd day stuff, and then say “well, we have extra room on this 737 to Des Moines, let’s throw some of those ground packages on it and exceed expectations." Maybe FedEx doesn’t do that, but I have had pretty satisfactory experience with them overall, especially the SmartPost stuff that gets handed off from FedEx to USPS (even though my overall opinion of USPS is pretty low).

Sorry to those of you who are having issues, mine originated in Memphis on Friday and is on a local delivery vehicle this morning!

markhallyo

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Phone is on the truck for delivery, the day is finally here folks...I hope everyone that was told they would get their phone today does!

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Phone is on the truck for delivery, the day is finally here folks...I hope everyone that was told they would get their phone today does!

That's the thing! No one was promised anything except a SHIP DATE of 7/9. And with 2 day shipping the standard for preorders, the earliest anyone was promised a phone in hand was 7/11. The fact that (almost) everyone who preordered will have their phone before that date is exceeding the original promise. Of course these days, even that's not good enough for some people...

thatfeel

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It was probably scanned in by Verizon and not actually handed off to Fedex since it missed the daily pickup. Keep calm!

nah Fedex, supposed delivery is today but Fedex hasn't done anything since NJ.

Jul 6, 2012 3:35 PM
Departed FedEx location
NEWARK, NJ

Jul 6, 2012 1:43 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
NEWARK, NJ

Jul 5, 2012 4:00 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
COATESVILLE, PA

Jul 5, 2012 10:27 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Jul 5, 2012 9:17 AM
Picked up
WEST CHESTER, PA

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
nah Fedex, supposed delivery is today but Fedex hasn't done anything since NJ.

Jul 6, 2012 3:35 PM
Departed FedEx location
NEWARK, NJ

Jul 6, 2012 1:43 AM
Arrived at FedEx location
NEWARK, NJ

Jul 5, 2012 4:00 PM
Left FedEx origin facility
COATESVILLE, PA

Jul 5, 2012 10:27 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Jul 5, 2012 9:17 AM
Picked up
WEST CHESTER, PA
My status didn't update until my local FedEx put it on a truck. I did expect to see a scan when they received the phone but that didn't happen. Are you on the East Coast time zone?

thatfeel

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My status didn't update until my local FedEx put it on a truck. I did expect to see a scan when they received the phone but that didn't happen. Are you on the East Coast time zone?

i'm on the west coast (california) but it's pretty funny because right after I posted that message, fedex updated... the package is near my house and I'm assuming it'll be out for delivery within the hour.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
So, phone shipped Thursday, overnight. Expected delivery by 3:00 Friday. 5:00 I called Fedex as the phone was showing to be at the sort facility. They said someone would call me back. They did, this morning to inform me I would receive delivery Monday. I said I though overnight meant overnight. She had no explanation and was not concerned. I'm more upset over the overnight than that I won't get the phone until Monday.

Lots of FedEx "sort facilities" have public walkins. Bring your license in and request they get the package for you, no need to wait!

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Lots of FedEx "sort facilities" have public walkins. Bring your license in and request they get the package for you, no need to wait!

The thing about that plan is the box has to be in the "walkin" area already. It only goes there (as a matter of operation) after it missed delivery. If no attempt has been made that means its probably still sorted to go to the truck. There are always exceptions but its best to call fedex and request this so they can confirm the location, or you might make a trip for nothing (since they cant dig a box out of the truck sort.)

fascinatej

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine was put on truck for delivery at 7:30 this morning in my city, it is now 1pm, expectation of having phone before I leave for work, little to none

fascinatej

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You obviously haven't been reading the forums much. A LOT of people have received their phones and activated them.

You OBVIOUSLY missed the numerous tech sites that posted the issues being reported on those lucky ppl that first received their phones and verizon was unable to activate due to the phone not being in the system yet. Issue was resolved by end of day.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Laughably false. They define their "days" to take as much time as they want. Mine was 2nd day. The 4th didn't count because holiday (although it was actively moving and updating in the system that day). They tell me the 5th is thus pick up day and doesn't count in the 2 days. 6th is day one, 7 and 8 are weekend, so 9th is 2nd day.... ???? they had my package actively moving in their system for 6 days and somehow that is 2nd day delivery?

True crap and why I use UPS when I can (who have had great service and times for me).

The 4th doesnt count because Verizon was working that day (they scanned the box, not fedex) and it wasn't on the truck until the 5th. The 5th counts as the start of the shipment but it's not a full day (since you seem to want to be semantic) and they didnt deliver it on the 6th because that's called "overnight". They didn't deliver it on the 7th because that's called "Saturday" and the shipper has to pay extra for SDR. They didn't deliver it on the 8th because that's the Lords day and even Fedex knows not to mess with that. So, the 9th rolled around and did you get your box?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma