The first 24hrs with the galaxy s3...

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
For the emails make sure not only to retrieve all, that usually just means you are seeing all emails not just the past few days, but also set your limit on incoming data for the email app to "no limit" at least on my incredible I had to do that or the app would automatically set to a very small limit or text only.

Just a thought.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a lot if redraws almost every time I return to the home screen.
Is this a touchwiz problem? Cause considering the hardware, I wouldn't have thought this would happen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

memphisboy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Nova Launcher will be my launcher of choice that will serve its purpose and Dolphin Browser will be the 2nd downloaded app. Both make life easier...

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you can. I believe you create the folder, then drag icons into it as oppossed to dragging icons on top of each other to create one.

The person I responded to specifically asked if you could create folders by dragging icons over each other. And you can't. Yes you can create folders. But as the question was asked, it was answered correctly.

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
For the emails make sure not only to retrieve all, that usually just means you are seeing all emails not just the past few days, but also set your limit on incoming data for the email app to "no limit" at least on my incredible I had to do that or the app would automatically set to a very small limit or text only.

Just a thought.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Android Central Forums

And where would I find that option? I trust you don't have the S3 yet hmm,

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ColdBrew

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I recommend Firefox.

In the email client select email setting then select the email account. The option is called "Size to retrieve emails". Set it to all.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
2. No text wrapping in the browser when you zoom in on text

This was big to me as well, since I came from HTC and Sense. I tried Dolphin and Chrome, but neither wrapped properly on my S3, but then I tried Opera and that did it, and I actually like the browser. Good luck.

Gamer

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I love this phone. Easily the best cellphone I've ever had. We've all seen videos of this phone and its greatness. But with this thread I'm going to list things I'm surprised/disappointed about concerning the S3.

1. WiFi toggle gone
2. No text wrapping in the browser when you zoom in on text
3. I keep hitting the volume rocker every time I attempt to lock phone
4. Settings are annoying to navigate
5. Can't create folders just by dragging icons unto another icon
6. The browsers bookmarks is confusing
7. I notified a little choppiness during video playback of my recordings
8. I keep getting my emails in text and not full HTML. I have to hit "load more details" for the whole email to show with the pictures. I did set size to retrieve emails to "all"
9. Can't turn 4G off if I so choose

That's it for now. What are your thoughts. Any solutions to some of the above?
9. Can't turn 4G off if I so choose
cannot turn it off because the antennas are combined in one chip if you turn off 4g you will turn off 3g as well

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Text wrapping is an option in the browser, right? Thats how it is on my old'n'busted GB phone. If you enable it, boom it wraps text to your zoom level. Its not on by default though, for as handy as it is.

miata492

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I installed Nova Launcher after trying to live with Touchwiz for a few hours and it is a much better phone now! Smooth and fast - no lag with it. Feels like stock ICS now. Now I have to turn off that silly water droplet sound everytime you hit a button!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I installed Nova Launcher after trying to live with Touchwiz for a few hours and it is a much better phone now! Smooth and fast - no lag with it. Feels like stock ICS now. Now I have to turn off that silly water droplet sound everytime you hit a button!
Turning of the water droplet sound was one of the first things I did when I got the phone yesterday. Didn't take long for that to make me crazy!

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
So far loving this thing. Touchwiz isn't so awful, even if the ringtones are. The LED is awesome! Love the LED. Battery has been fantastic to far.

A couple things I really don't like:

The physical home button. The phone is so big that depressing it causes an uncomfortable amount of movement in your hand.
The auto-brightness really sucks. This is a software fix though.
The radios. We'll see on this one.
And the locked bootloader, obviously.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Can't do it in touchwiz.

Yup

I thought creating folders by dragging icons to one anoth
er was a standard ICS feature. I could have sworn I could do that with the Nexus but not sure. I only owned it a couple of days. Did Samsung remove it?

You might want to ;ay closer attention to the reviews on this site fron now on before buying a phone.

Yes dragging to create folders is a feature of the ICS LAUNCHER (and many third party launchers). TouchWiz is among other things a launcher replacement. Samsung when they made the GSIII simply put the Gingerbread TouchWiz launcher on top of ICS with very few modifications.

The irony here is that this is exactly what a lot of people feared HTC would do, but they did it right by integrating (most of) the best features of the ICS and Sense 3.5 launchers into Sense 3.6 and 4.0.

It could be worse guys, take a look at the ICS update for the GSII, that IS the same launcher.