Getting new back cover to get rid of VZW branding OR just because

New back cover?

• Total voters

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I know how a lot of users don't like carrier branding and then those really hate Verizon but have reasons they can't leave. So..... Getting a new back cover to mirror the international ones that just says Samsung? For instance I'm thinking about this one. Not because of branding but I think the metal would like nice with the bezel and give it an even cooler look. Anyone else? Or other reason to get one? I don't use cases so that's not applicable here.

Metal Gray cover battery door case For Samsung Galaxy S3 III I9300 white frame | eBay

Last edited:

delldude405

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I find this to be redulicious. Why waste the money for something so small. Just cover with the case that you probably already have if not two of.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I find this to be redulicious. Why waste the money for something so small. Just cover with the case that you probably already have if not two of.

Agreed omg Verizon has their name on my phone. Do you remove the car emblem? Its not that big of a deal already for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Ry

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone getting a new back cover to get rid of Verizon brandin

Yeah I agree. Some people are that petty. I remember threads where people were worried about Verizon being on the box. I am interested though in seeing who's getting a new cover. Also everyone doesnt use cases. All my phones arw "naked". I am gettimg a cover but not because of branding. Because I want to give a different look.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

Agreed omg Verizon has their name on my phone. Do you remove the car emblem? Its not that big of a deal already for me

Er, actually, YES. I don't mind branding on my phone. But on my car? My habit is to remove as many of the badges as possible. I like the clean look it gives the vehicle. Go figure! :cool:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Actually no. I like my Lexus emblem :cool:

tayswg20

May 10, 2011
Visit site

I know how a lot of users don't like carrier branding and then those really hate Verizon but have reasons they can't leave. So..... Getting a new back cover to mirror the international ones that just says Samsung? For instance I'm thinking about this one. Not because of branding but I think the metal would like nice with the bezel and give it an even cooler look.

Metal Gray cover battery door case For Samsung Galaxy S3 III I9300 white frame | eBay

I've actually never minded the branding but after looking at that metal back in the ebay link, I think i just might get it lol. I think the metal will look cooler as well.

duanedude1

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site

Some actually demand the dealer remove the branding from new cars, and especially any branding the dealer adds.:cool:

I am using a case, and will probably get the inductive back eventually.

Antiseen

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Some actually demand the dealer remove the branding from new cars, and especially any branding the dealer adds.:cool:

I'd demand the dealer remove his crappy emblem tacked onto my car. That's free advertisement.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

I see it like that as well. For example this:
C41048A.06.jpg

Really? This particular M-B is probably $50k new, and they slap some dealer plaque on the back? I just bought a car and they had some hideous square sticker on the back with their name on it. At first they wouldn't take it off until I told them I'd buy the car from some place that doesn't ruin their vehicles as soon as they come off the truck. No sticker now. It is amazing what these dealers ruin. I've seen them slapped on sports cars.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I've actually never minded the branding but after looking at that metal back in the ebay link, I think i just might get it lol. I think the metal will look cooler as well.

Yeah it does look nice and should complement the bezels nicely and give the device a more "quality" feel. I'll see. Maybe I'll change the question because some users are too sensitive lol.

Last edited:

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I'd demand the dealer remove his crappy emblem tacked onto my car. That's free advertisement.

Very true. Most don't mind the branding of the actual company that made the car but the dealer stuff is annoying. And many feel like that about their phones. I personally don't care but I see a lot of people that do. The cover I'm buying says Samsung and galaxy SIII on it. So to me that's equivalent of having the car make and having the dealer is equivalent to having the carrier.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Getting new back cover to get rid of VZW branding OR just bec

On the pebble blue the branding doesn't stick out at all to me.

Yeah I agree. I also think the pebble blue has more flexibility with color choice if someone wanted to replace. Based on eBay anyway.

delldude405

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Lol my brand new fusion has the same damn dealer made logo on it never really saw it.

zack7687

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site

I think some people were saying that that metal door didn't allow them to use NFC, so be careful about purchasing one of those.

I will be covering up the VZ logo with a case, but not a new door.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

I actually wonder if the covers would help keep the phone insulated and prevent some overheating! I might have to get one just for this if it is true!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I think some people were saying that that metal door didn't allow them to use NFC, so be careful about purchasing one of those.

I will be covering up the VZ logo with a case, but not a new door.

Thanks for the heads up but wont matter to me because I don't use any NFC functions and not really interested. Good looking though.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I actually wonder if the covers would help keep the phone insulated and prevent some overheating! I might have to get one just for this if it is true!

Yeah that would be interesting. I'm getting one purely for cosmetic reasons and to have a more "premium" feel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma