Buying the phone in stores

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Ive called just about everywhere in my area to see if the launch dates were jumbled around. Yesterday I got mixed responses. Today...they stayed constant. I've got an upgrade on a separate line other than mine that holds only a basic phone. So I won't be losing data under my device.

Bounced off of my JellyBelly into your eye.

I am also using an upgrade on another line! That phone also has a basic phone but we are willing to take the plunge to the new plans so I can put my old droid x on the extra line! We use the line as a "house" phone and my kids have a hard time using an old Samsung juke haha sad my older kids (who are 9 & 10) can use my smartphone but not a regular phone! :confused:

parapluie

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyone able to grab one today? I know some of you said they might have them early in your stores. Still waiting for tomorrow here :(

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Radio Shack told me 330pm tomorrow :'(

Good thing I have work tonight so by the time I get home I will be ready to shower and go to sleep. Then it will be tomorrow and my day will finally arrive

tperry

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
You and me both!!

My local one has 10/10 and have had people in the store all day asking about them. I got a sneak peak at the pebble blue and the white one, and honestly like the pebble blue one better. Performance was okay, signal strength varied from 4 to 16 db off from my MAXX. This was comparing both on 3G in the store. Still thinking about getting one in the morning and giving it to my son who is still using an X.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
My local one has 10/10 and have had people in the store all day asking about them. I got a sneak peak at the pebble blue and the white one, and honestly like the pebble blue one better. Performance was okay, signal strength varied from 4 to 16 db off from my MAXX. This was comparing both on 3G in the store. Still thinking about getting one in the morning and giving it to my son who is still using an X.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I'm waiting on a call back from my local rep to see what came in. I'll be early, that's for sure.

nmbr6ruls

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Been calling all around this past week and no store knows when their shipment is coming, how many they are getting, and cant hold one for me. Even my closest Best Buy (1.5hrs. away). The last Verizon Wireless store i called (third party wireless zone store) said the SIII is backordered till the 16th. Finally said screw it and just ordered off VZW site. Says will ship by Monday July 16th. Was really hoping to be able to pick one up in person and avoid the whole hassle of having to sign for delivery. Ordered online at 2:00 today and still no confirmation email, however the website wont let me look at certain things concerning my account because it says of a recent transaction. Sounds like these phones are goin to be real hard to come by in store for some time to come.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Been calling all around this past week and no store knows when their shipment is coming, how many they are getting, and cant hold one for me. Even my closest Best Buy (1.5hrs. away). The last Verizon Wireless store i called (third party wireless zone store) said the SIII is backordered till the 16th. Finally said screw it and just ordered off VZW site. Says will ship by Monday July 16th. Was really hoping to be able to pick one up in person and avoid the whole hassle of having to sign for delivery. Ordered online at 2:00 today and still no confirmation email, however the website wont let me look at certain things concerning my account because it says of a recent transaction. Sounds like these phones are goin to be real hard to come by in store for some time to come.

I just called all three stores close to me - all three said they will have them - but they wouldn't tell me what flavors they'll have. :D

tk020507

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Got my shipping notification email today during work!

I knew something was going to happen when that + sign appeared with blank courier and tracking number last night.

It'll be arriving at my house by 4:30 pm on Friday. Tomorrow is going to KILL ME.
I get out of work at 1:30, and originally had it shipping to work, but now that I know it might come after I get out of work, I called up VZW and had them change the address to my house. Totally forgot to try to ask for overnight shipping, the rep was really nice.

Well, it's been a swell journey on this thread with you guys thus far. Wish you guys the best of luck with acquiring your phones! Maybe I'll be back here if changing my shipping address messed anything up.... (I wouldn't put it past Verizon)

& In case anyone is near by in Connecticut,
the corporate stores in Glastonbury, Manchester (both Buckland and Kiosk in the mall), Best Buy (in Manchester), and I'm sure others are all getting their shipments by tomorrow. In fact, they should have gotten them during the day today if what they told me was true.

I'll still come by and check for good news from the rest of you guys!

EDIT: Sorry I forgot to mention one critical piece of information: I didn't ask the stores specifically which version.... just, "will you guys have the new galaxy 3s in stock for thursday?"
From what I've been seeing on the Best Buy preorder thread, none of the Best Buys are having any luck with 32g Blues.
& as far as I know, the VZW stores aren't supposed to launch the 32g versions, either color, on the 12th, right?

Last edited:

pckocher

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered a blue 32 GB from BB on the day after they started accepting pre-orders. I had not gotten an e-mail about pick-up, so I just called to see if they were delayed, and I was told that 32 GB models won't be available until next Friday (the 20th). What a drag! I'm going to check with a Verizon store just in case, but I do not have high hopes.

tk020507

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered a blue 32 GB from BB on the day after they started accepting pre-orders. I had not gotten an e-mail about pick-up, so I just called to see if they were delayed, and I was told that 32 GB models won't be available until next Friday (the 20th). What a drag! I'm going to check with a Verizon store just in case, but I do not have high hopes.

my edit might offer some sort of explanation

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If they have a pebble blue one is stock (the white one reminds me of a large 3GS) I am jumping on it. After playing with the AT&T version, I am so sold. Wish it had quad core and no home button, but other than that, the experience is beautiful!

parapluie

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I read today that RadioShack also has them.. for $50 off. Not sure exactly how that works if there's something wrong with the phone, if you can bring it to Verizon like you can if you buy it directly from them.

junglesnake98

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Walked right into my Verizon store at 10 a.m and was the first one there, got my white 16 gb and walked out. The demand did not seem real high especially for being in Kansas City and that being the only Verizon store around.

didiwags

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Yep i walked in around 10am also after an appt i had and had no problem getting the phone. Not even sure anyone had bought one before me since the store opened at 9am. But yep got the phone i wanted and kept my unlimited data!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech