Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default More Services App Missing

Verizon at it again, Samsung's More Services App is missing from the device. I was going to go look at some of the apps from Samsung that I have been reading about with the other carrier's GS3 phones and low and behold it is missing from the Apps screen. Why does Verizon just have to do their best to screw around with this device????

Is there anyway to side load this back onto our devices?

Default Re: More Services App Missing

On this page, at the bottom of the review it says you can download the samsung apps that aren't preloaded

TouchWiz Nature UX: The definitive guide

I doubt samsung would let anyone remove their software from their flagship device. If anything Verizon just wanted to add their own junk.
    DianeR likes this.

i think he's saying that the "more services" section (where you would need to go to install those items) is missing from the verizon version of the device.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by smitty0255 View Post
    i think he's saying that the "more services" section (where you would need to go to install those items) is missing from the verizon version of the device.
    Exactly, there is supposed to be a "More Services" app in the app drawer and it is missing on the verizon version. Directly from the article on the TouchWiz Nature Guide:

"Samsung Apps is included on all TouchWiz phones, and in amongst the various third-party apps you'll find a section called "More Services" (it's also directly accessible via the app drawer). In here you'll find a selection of Samsung applications that aren't preloaded on the device, but can be downloaded for free."

Oh ok. I thought u were expecting them to be pre installed. I got you now.

Wow this is getting ridiculous.

Luckily they put the apps on their site and I would have to assume you can sideload it via Kies
    Samsung Apps

also the service ChatOn is missing. according the samsung website it is listed there but its not on my phone. I just wanted to try it out but I guess I will stick with GTalk

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Samsung Apps needs to be loaded from Play Store and once installed the More Services is there. ChatOn is also in Play Store. So right now the only app we do not have access to that Intl Version does is S Baro.
    scorpiodsu and ashishb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BKHAWK3 View Post
    Samsung Apps needs to be loaded from Play Store and once installed the More Services is there. ChatOn is also in Play Store. So right now the only app we do not have access to that Intl Version does is S Baro.
    I figured that was the case.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BKHAWK3 View Post
    I don't see "Samsung Apps" in the play store. Is it named something different?

Quote Originally Posted by jj2339 View Post
    I don't see "Samsung Apps" in the play store. Is it named something different?
    Same here, don't see it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums

I'm assuming he's talking about this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sungapps&hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by wowpaw View Post
    I'm assuming he's talking about this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sungapps&hl=en
    Didn't come up in a search, but I could see it in this link. Flagged as not compatible with my device, so searching is specific to the phone you have. My S3 will be here in less than 12 hours!

Quote Originally Posted by strtgng View Post
    Didn't come up in a search, but I could see it in this link. Flagged as not compatible with my device, so searching is specific to the phone you have. My S3 will be here in less than 12 hours!

Only viewable on Samsung devices
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Found the SamsungApps.com site and I can side load it but S Baro will be missing. Just another question is "S Suggest" the S3 version of SamsungApps? It just seems to be misssing the "more Services" category.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowpaw View Post
    Play store says my device, a Verizon s3, is not compatible.....odd. ...

Quote Originally Posted by jj2339 View Post
    Play store says my device, a Verizon s3, is not compatible.....odd. ...
    same here - Verizon s3

I have a verizon S3. Just go to www.samsungapps.com on your phone browser and download it from that site and sideload. Works fine on my phone.
    ashishb likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisv79 View Post
    I have a verizon S3. Just go to www.samsungaps.com on your phone browser and download it from that site and sideload. Works fine on my phone.
    Was going to say thanks but your url is mistyped and sent me to some shady site. Should be
    www.samsungapps.com

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Anyone know if S Baro is available for our phone? I can't find it on the Samsung site.

Just a heads up also missing from AT&T US version GS3. Been looking for it and found this post while looking. Looks like the US carriers are pulling some strings and leaving things out of our phones. Also when opened in Playstore it will not let you download said not compatible with my GS3!

Quote Originally Posted by thanthalin View Post
    Found the SamsungApps.com site and I can side load it but S Baro will be missing. Just another question is "S Suggest" the S3 version of SamsungApps? It just seems to be misssing the "more Services" category.
    I found the S Baro there in s suggest but couldn't get it to load the S Baro app. Nothing happens when I hit the download button.

Just to throw my 2 pennies worth into the mix, I have a SIM free Galaxy s3 which upgraded to a new version of Android yesterday to version 4.1.2 and I have always had the Baro App and still do although it doesn't seem to be very accurate to me :-)