Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

ROM
    Just Unlocked/Rooted

Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

Wallet works fine on the Gnex, both rooted and unrooted. I posted a QR Code that would install Wallet on a Gnex and it has worked perfect ever since the Gnex has been released.

I have since upgraded to the S3 and I have not been able to get Wallet working yet on the S3. I keep getting the unsupported device error. I have tried a few different ROMs also and none have worked.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by cwalter9 View Post
    I have since upgraded to the S3 and I have not been able to get Wallet working yet on the S3. I keep getting the unsupported device error. I have tried a few different ROMs also and none have worked.
    It's blocked on the Verizon Galaxy S3. You have to edit the build.prop file to "trick" it into thinking it's a device that's allowed. For me: I was able to change build.prop, install Google Wallet, set up cards, change build.prop back, and go on. After doing that everything seems to be working fine.
    I think there's a thread over at xda with step by step directions for getting it up and running on a Verizon S3.
    footballboy3 likes this.

Global Posts
    517 Global Posts

Its not being blocked by Verizon. If memory serves its an issue with Samsung's software being they pointed out there is no source for TW or some such.

ROM
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
    Its not being blocked by Verizon. If memory serves its an issue with Samsung's software being they pointed out there is no source for TW or some such.
    Everything is fine and dandy on the Sprint Galaxy S3.

ok, so here we are mid September. Does anyone have any updates if VZW users will ever be able to use Google wallet without rooting?

Does not work. Does any one know if it works when the phone is rooted?

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

So its not possible to side load it if you have the APK file?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12