Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    beeper3000's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

    Default Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    Anyone know how to get google wallet on the vzw galaxy s3?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    I don't know if it's true or not, but I heard Verizon blocked it or made it unavailable...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    beeper3000's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

    Default

    I tried to install the apk for the gnex but when i open wallet it tells me its not supported in this country.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  
    pdk269's Avatar

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    A friend of mine rooted his gnex just to get google wallet. works flawlessly once rooted and the vzw bloatware is gone.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    I don't have my S3 yet, but I've heard that if you go directly to the Google wallet website, you can DL direct from there (no root needed) then afterwards it will show up in the Play store as normal.

    Here's the link to the official Google Wallet page. And let us know if it shows up and loads properly. Also I would guess you have to go there on your phone. Please let us know pass or fail.

  6. #6  
    Bullfrog1337's Avatar

    Posts
    131 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    Quote Originally Posted by ChapStick Assassin View Post
    I don't have my S3 yet, but I've heard that if you go directly to the Google wallet website, you can DL direct from there (no root needed) then afterwards it will show up in the Play store as normal.

    Here's the link to the official Google Wallet page. And let us know if it shows up and loads properly. Also I would guess you have to go there on your phone. Please let us know pass or fail.

    Nope. It says " This item is not available on your carrier."

    ...I swear this is my last term with verizon!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    beeper3000's Avatar

    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

    Default

    Fail

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    I'm dealing with this issue with my galaxy nexus on verizon. It takes a lot of work to update sometimes because of all the barriers thrown at you. Every update seems to have some kind of strange work around.

    Worse yet, I had an issue with one of my transaction where the money was not deducted correctly. But when I called support they could not help me because my device is not supported. My next and future phones will not be on verizon.

    Shouldn't there be some kind of anti-trust action against verizon for stuff like this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    someone need to work on this. to get google wallet on gs3 on verizon
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    If I root my s3 is there anything special I'll need to do to get wallet working
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    At this time Google Wallet only works on Sprint phones
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    This Method Worked for me!!! Click on the link in a browser, on your PC, and select "Samsung SCH-I535" from your device menu and it will download.

    However, the bummer part is - you can't RUN the thing."This application is not supported on your device or network" Can't run it yet....
  13. #13  
    tayswg20's Avatar

    Posts
    130 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Imo lk

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nix80908 View Post
    This Method Worked for me!!! Click on the link in a browser, on your PC, and select "Samsung SCH-I535" from your device menu and it will download.

    However, the bummer part is - you can't RUN the thing."This application is not supported on your device or network" Can't run it yet....
    I got the same error. I'm loving this phone a lot so far, but I was really hoping wallet would work if I rooted.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    +1 Fail for me too
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    Any update from anyone that has successfully installed g wallet on Verizon s3 if so what did u do
    Thanks
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    I'm having the same issue with my galaxy s3.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    I spoke to a Verizon tech and he said they are aware of it and it will be corrected in an update coming up in under 1 month. (I guess Google threatened to get in that *** with a lawsuit)
    Thanked by:
  18. #18  
    firetruck41's Avatar

    Posts
    214 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChapStick Assassin View Post
    I spoke to a Verizon tech and he said they are aware of it and it will be corrected in an update coming up in under 1 month. (I guess Google threatened to get in that *** with a lawsuit)
    Doubtful. They never forced the issue with the Google Nexus. The S3 isn't even a Google phone.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  

    Default

    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=1787803
    Try this from the nexus thread I have wallet working on nexus and I'm on Verizon. Works great no problems or pop ups and you get this look of how did you do hat from the cashier.


    Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    There is a way, somewhat complicated...but possible....You will need to root your device. This is for a Galaxy S3 Verizon model. I am not responsible for you damaging your phone....so please make sure to back it up before you do anything.

    These were my steps.
    Root Device - How To
    I used the stock rom that was provided in this tutorial.

    You will need to edit the build.prop -
    I used root explorer from the play store for 3.99 to edit the build.prop...I used the verizon zip file (wallet-sgs3-verizon_telus.zip)


    I noticed when i tried to load up the Google prepaid card, It looks like it gets stuck on "verifying your account with money network", but its just takes a lot of data. On 4g it took me a little bit over 5 mins, so you might want to consider connecting to wifi before you try to load up the google prepaid card.

    I am NOT an android wiz. if you have any questions you should post them up in the XDA forum in the link above. This is just what worked for me. I do hope it works for you

    Enjoy your free $10 :biggrin:
    Thanked by 2:
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    Quote Originally Posted by Amartinez4125 View Post
    There is a way, somewhat complicated...but possible....You will need to root your device. This is for a Galaxy S3 Verizon model. I am not responsible for you damaging your phone....so please make sure to back it up before you do anything.

    These were my steps.
    Root Device - How To
    I used the stock rom that was provided in this tutorial.

    You will need to edit the build.prop -
    I used root explorer from the play store for 3.99 to edit the build.prop...I used the verizon zip file (wallet-sgs3-verizon_telus.zip)


    I noticed when i tried to load up the Google prepaid card, It looks like it gets stuck on "verifying your account with money network", but its just takes a lot of data. On 4g it took me a little bit over 5 mins, so you might want to consider connecting to wifi before you try to load up the google prepaid card.

    I am NOT an android wiz. if you have any questions you should post them up in the XDA forum in the link above. This is just what worked for me. I do hope it works for you

    Enjoy your free $10 :biggrin:
    He's right there is a way for sure just two things to notice:
    1. Make sure you pick the appropriate Google Wallet version in the attachments in the thread (there is one for AT&T and T-Mo, one for Sprint...I believe?, and one for Verizon and US Cellular)
    2. Also it does take a while for the prepaid Google card to load as mentioned
    However this xda method WILL work on your rooted phone
    Many thanks to those folks they basically allowed throngs of people to get $10 for free lol
    Just used it at the QuikChek nearby too...confirmed up and running!!
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    Quote Originally Posted by Amartinez4125 View Post
    ...I used the verizon zip file (wallet-sgs3-verizon_telus.zip) ...
    Can you provide a link to where you got this zip?

    [EDIT]Nevermind, I found it in the XDA post you linked.[/EDIT]

    TIA
  23. #23  
    kicks's Avatar

    Posts
    65 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google wallet on vzw galaxy s3

    Quote Originally Posted by Amartinez4125 View Post
    Enjoy your free $10 :biggrin:
    I will! Thanks for providing the link. It worked like a charm. I almost tried to do it for multiple google accounts on my phone, but didn't want to be greedy
  24. #24  

    Default

    XDA worked for me. I had tried some different ways about installing gw last week and ended up with the secure element error and thought that I had messed it up enough that I needed a new phone. Anyone else who has borked the secure element give this a try. Hope it works for you too.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
  25. #25  

    Default

    I can confirm this works and tested in a store. I bought some milk today at rite aid with no issues!

    Sent from sexy a** Galaxy S3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B