Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LED Notification Not Blinking

Before I send my phone back to get replace, my LED does not flash when I received a notification. It stays solid I try looking for a setting that may cause this problem, nothing. Lite flow does not work with the s3 is there anyone else having this same problem or know a fix for this.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

Default Re: LED Notification Not Blinking

lite flow doesn't work? Bummer

Global Posts
    315 Global Posts

LED blinks for me on some notifications, but not others. Gmail - no blink. Touchdown - blink. Will monitor others.
    Dumb phone -> BB8830WE -> BB Curve 8330 -> Incredible -> DROID X ----->Galaxy S3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by lsmunoz View Post
    LED blinks for me on some notifications, but not others. Gmail - no blink. Touchdown - blink. Will monitor others.
    OK thanks when I received a text does not blink Gmail, yahoo does not blink. But thanks

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I was using handcent but since I uninstall handcent, when I get a text now it blinks.

Mine stays solid as well. Inasmuch as settings does not say "blink," I'm assuming this is working as designed?

Gmail, text, and missed phone call all blinks with blue led. This is with charger unplugged.

When plugged in to charger, the led stays solid red. Haven't tried with charger plugged in but I believe it turns solid blue if I receive a notification while charging.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmunoz View Post
    Ha mine is a bit different. Touchdown is solid for me. Believe Facebook messenger is also solid. Gmail, default SMS and missed calls blink blue.

Global Posts
    4,726 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

OP, when you installed Hndcent, maybe it dorked up your settings? Other have blinking blue (gmail above blinks blue).

Quote Originally Posted by iceman64 View Post
    Before I send my phone back to get replace, my LED does not flash when I received a notification. It stays solid I try looking for a setting that may cause this problem, nothing. Lite flow does not work with the s3 is there anyone else having this same problem or know a fix for this.

I would definitely try uninstalling any apps that may be related to SMS, maybe even some of the free ones that don't. I bet something borked up your settings. I think the light is supposed to be solid for some notifications and not for others.

Mine does not blink either!! Is this normal?

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

For me Gmail, Hotmail and missed call blink. Whatsapp and Go SMS don't blink.

From what I read on the lighflow blog page comments was that some of the notification lights wouldn't come off after light flow was installed. I'm thinking it is an issue with lightflow. Try uninstalling lightflow and rebooting, perhaps?

I dont have LightFlow on my phone (never had) and noticed that it doesnt blink for some and instead chooses a solid-always on notification. This has to be a battery drain. Anyone out there try LightFlow to see if they could configure the LED to work properly? Isnt that what the app is supposed to do?

For the first time I have a phone with different LED colors I would like to set them up right. iPhone users are on their like 5 version and still no LED notifications lol

This is weird behavior. Wonder why (if) it was designed like that?

Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    I dont have LightFlow on my phone (never had) and noticed that it doesnt blink for some and instead chooses a solid-always on notification. This has to be a battery drain. Anyone out there try LightFlow to see if they could configure the LED to work properly? Isnt that what the app is supposed to do?

For the first time I have a phone with different LED colors I would like to set them up right. iPhone users are on their like 5 version and still no LED notifications lol
    Lightflow still does not work properly with US devices so we have to wait

I also have the same issue with certain app notifications being a solid light rather than blinking.

Google Voice also stays solid, which sucks. Hopefully they will fix this soon in an update.

Mine blinks for missed calls and email, but not texts. Using Go SMS so maybe that's the problem....

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts

Solid for me too, will await update?

Seems like it blinks for standard apps but solid for 3rd party apps?

Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    Seems like it blinks for standard apps but solid for 3rd party apps?

This is what I've noticed for the most part.

I concur. It was lighting solid when I had the third party apps on the phone, but after I took them off it went back to flashing.

Quote Originally Posted by g1toevo678 View Post
    Gmail, text, and missed phone call all blinks with blue led. This is with charger unplugged.

When plugged in to charger, the led stays solid red. Haven't tried with charger plugged in but I believe it turns solid blue if I receive a notification while charging.
    Go to LED indicator settings and you can un check the option to have the led light up while charging. But this won't solve the solid indicator issues...

I have the same issue. Whatsapp causes solids blue LED, google+ cause a solid greenish LED, google voice causes a solid purple LED, gmail and texts through the stock messaging system blink blue. I only noticed this in the last couple of days, was wondering if it happened after I installed swype beta, but could've been that way the whole time and I just didn't notice until today.

On an aside, there seem to be some issues with google+ instant upload too. Notifications don't always go away.

Haven't had an issue - texts, emails, and gmail all glow blue when the screen is off, and my Kik messenger gives a solid green when the screen is off...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast