Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    11,772 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Default Check your data plan after you activate your SGS III

I pre-ordered my SGS III from Verizon and finally received it today. I eagerly activated it and soon afterwards received a text message saying that I was over my data limit!

I went online and found that my unlimited data and unlimited hotspot were no longer on my account, and had been replaced with a 2 gig data plan. I called Verizon and 40 minutes later both were back on my account.

The rep I spoke with told me that she's received calls from other customers who pre-ordered and had their unlimited data incorrectly removed after activating their SGS III.

For those with unlimited data and who pre-ordered before the Verizon share plans went into effect, after you activate your SGS III, MAKE SURE YOU STILL HAVE UNLIMITED DATA.
    Thanked by 5:
    nate44 and MERCDROID like this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,228 Global Posts

Was unlimited data on your contract pre-order?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Re: Check your data plan after you activate your SGS III

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    I pre-ordered my SGS III from Verizon and finally received it today. I eagerly activated it and soon afterwards received a text message saying that I was over my data limit!

I went online and found that my unlimited data and unlimited hotspot were no longer on my account, and had been replaced with a 2 gig data plan. I called Verizon and 40 minutes later both were back on my account.

The rep I spoke with told me that she's received calls from other customers who pre-ordered and had their unlimited data incorrectly removed after activating their SGS III.

For those with unlimited data and who pre-ordered before the Verizon share plans went into effect, after you activate your SGS III, MAKE SURE YOU STILL HAVE UNLIMITED DATA.
    How did u get unlimited hot spot? U paid separate for that?

Global Posts
    904 Global Posts
    ROM
    JellyWiz Release 11

I had this same issue, but just as the OP said, nothing a quick phone call to CSR couldn't fix.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    11,772 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Was unlimited data on your contract pre-order?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Yes, I had both unlimited data and hotspot on my contract before I pre-ordered. The email confirmation that I received on June 6 included both as well. I wonder how many customers are unknowingly losing unlimited data through this "glitch."

Sent from my Jelly Bean-equipped device
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    11,772 Global Posts
    ROM

Quote Originally Posted by kls629 View Post
    How did u get unlimited hot spot? U paid separate for that?
    Yes, I have that as a separate feature for 25 dollars a month after my discount.

Sent from my Jelly Bean-equipped device

All of the reps I have talked to today have said they need to put a claim in, and that could take up to 5 days. I may not activate my phone until that claim goes through.

I activated online and had no problem. I just logged into my Verizon acct and I still have unlimited.

Sent from my GSIII using Android Central Forums

Already at 1 gig and verified that mine was switched from unlimited to 2 GB tiered. My pre-order email verifies that I was supposed to maintain my unlimited data. Thanks for the heads up!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I also got a text saying i was close to my limit and verizon was showing i had 2 gb. I called verizon and the lady fixed it for me and when i logged back into verizon it showed unlimited again.
    Thanked by:

Seen this coming.

The sad thing is, I wonder if Verizon is doing this on purpose. I think they are as a way to get rid of unlimited data for the un informed customer.
    Obviously anyone who follows android news in general and forums like this will know that the pre orders before the 28th let you keep your unlimited.
    The sad thing is that some people don't.
    These are the ones who will lose their plan because they will just think since they got the phone after the 28th they must have to use one of the new plans.
    I would love to see the Android sites reach out to Verizon and see what kind of answer they give.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.
    Last edited by metz65; 07-09-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    Thanked by 3:
    nate44 and MERCDROID like this.

Exclamation Total disaster

My upgrade was a total disaster. I ordered my Samsung galaxy S3 the 2nd day it was available for pre-order. I was out of the country when I did it. Seemed like everything went in without a hitch. I seem to have lost the original e-mail they sent me with my confirmation. No worries as I have a long wait time I did not worry about it at the time. I called on to different locations to check the status of my order. On the last one I was told it would ship most likely that day or the next. When I checked today why I had not received my phone yet when all the pre-orders were coming in. I was told that an e-mail was sent to me when I originally ordered the phone that the order had some sort of problem. So though there was an outstanding order in the system I would have to reorder it. So I was not see the phone until the 13th when it would be shipped hopefully. I asked the representative was I going to be able to keep my unlimited data plan. I was then told no since it was after the 28th. I complained and I was basically told please pull your pants down so we can give it to you from behind. Now fortunately reviewing my data plan usage with all my phones and tablets, for myself my spouse, And my kids phone the new plan actually might make more sense, as my kid likes to text on her feature phone, And I can get my wife to stop texting on her razor. I'm just pissed that it was not my decision.

I pre-ordered my SIII on I think June 10th or so. I previously had unlimited data. I activated my phone on Friday, July 6th. I just checked today when I say this post and I still have the unlimited data, same as before. The activation went really smooth altogether and I'm loving the new phone. When I pre-ordered, they asked me if I wanted to keep the same plan or change to one of the new plans. I made sure to tell them I wanted to keep the same plan with the unlimited data.

I just got my phone today (pre-ordered on June 16th) and activated it with no issues. My unlimited data is still there. I was a little paranoid when I pre-ordered in-store and made sure unlimited data was printed on my receipt.

Got mine Friday and activated with no hassles. Pre-ordered it online through Verizon and unlimited data is still there. I did note that if you didn't order it through the upgrade link from My Verizon than it wouldn't let you choose to keep unlimited data.

Shocking news from Verizon. It's always better to not risk it when talking to carriers.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock

Yep I upgraded on friday and unlimited data is still active. But I pre-ordered at a store, so I don't know how other pre-orders went.

My unlimited data is still there...along with my corporate discount

For the people whose orders were messed up with no doing on their part, remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

If you complain to the right people (obviously not on an internet forum as this, but at Verizon and work your way up or email executives, etc.) things can get fixed. Again, if it's something that is seriously not your fault or doing. Most CSRs do not care, but supervisors, management and executives are more inclined to correct a wrong and keep you happy.

So what activation method is working? Just go to the store and make sure it is done right? Do I need to make a MyVerizon account? I disabled my old one since I never used it.

If you don't have a micro-SIM and one isn't sent to you yes you will need to go to the Vzone store. Otherwise just plug in the SIM and you should be activated. At least that's how it worked for me (coming from a Galaxy Nexus).

just activated, no problems here.....

so far

I received my S3 today. After reading about the problems others have had on this thread, I decided on activate using the online method (myverizon). Everything went smooth and The phone activated with no problems, other than it took about seven minutes. I checked and rechecked my plan and I still have unlimited data. Praise God!
    Thanked by:
    MERCDROID likes this.

I had no issues with activation and I retained unlimited data.

Edit: I also used online activation.

Frank
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast