Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Default Re: 64gb sd card compatibility issues....

From the TMO website "Up to 64 GB Expandable Memory" TMO S3

So we know officially the S3 supports 64GB cards. With that out of the way i can tell you mine has some quirks. It recognizes the card, sees the capacity, and writes to it with no issues.

HOWEVER, on the device and in explorer it doesn't show all the data. For instance all my music albums stop at the letter 'J' - I am not able to create new folders from the phone or with explorer while tethered.

It does not see it all the data in Kies either. Air or tethered. But if you take out the card and plug it into a card reader it sees everything fine and you can add and delete folders.

It is a SanDisk Ultra class 10 ($64 on Amazon - Prime eligible) I'm stumped.

OOPS. Didn't see this was Verizon. Sorry guys.
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3

yeah i would go with the 32gb sd card because 1 its recommended by Samsung to use the 16gb or 32gb all tho some people my have luck with tricking the phone into useing the 64gb sd card or it could just be the brand of sd card idk for sure but your best bet is to stick with what is recommended and save your money im getting the 16gb S iii on Saturday and 16gb is plenty for me lol

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Sandisk class 10, 64 gig card working fine in my device. I formatted the card in the phone after installing. As you can see, I don't have much stored on it yet.

Attachment 30615

Sent from my SGS III
    this is good news since Newegg has 64GB class 10s on sale for $40
    Newegg.com - SanDisk Mobile Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Flash Card Model SDSDQUA-064G-A11A

I just bought a 64g SanDisk class10 on Amazon for$38

---
    Never had an iphone, and don't want one. Tapatalk on Samsung GS3.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

My phone recognized my 64 gig sd card (don't know what class) but my computer would not recognize it so I tried formating it NTSC on my computer and screwed up the card - now the phone doesn't recognize it - duh - what do I do now?
    BEACH BUM

ROM
    Stock : Rooted, Unlocked

Mine is a 64GB Sandisk, and it came pre formatted as exFAT. I had the same issue when I transferred files over: Some were corrupted, some were missing, a few did not transfer, some transferred but would not open and I could not delete them. The S3 seems to not like exFAT, so I then re-formatted the card to FAT32 and have had no issues.

Instructions

Thank you - but I finally got my computer to read exfat - I had to go to microsoft and download a patch - now my card reader reads the sd card and my phone reads it - all is well

So I have a SanDisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 installed in my GS3. I've formatted the card from the phone menu. Every so often the card becomes unrecognized. The native file explorer shows no content on the SD card. However, at the "storage" menu, information is contained on the SD card. After doing a quick unmount /mount and returning the the native file explorer, content on the SD card is then displayed. See the attached Images. This is frustrating because one minute you can listen to music or view photos off of the card with native apps and then next minute it's indicated as to not having any content. Grrr....

Any ideas as to why the card is interacting oddly with my stock GS3? Anyone else sharing these experiences?

Verizon's Tech Specs indicate that the GS3 supports up to 64GB microSD card.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 64gb sd card compatibility issues....-image-1.png   64gb sd card compatibility issues....-image-2.png   64gb sd card compatibility issues....-image-3.png  

I am running a 64GByte Lexar class 10 in my S3 (16GByte). No problems that I can see.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12