64gb sd card compatibility issues....

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I was stoked when I jumped at the $50 64gb memory card when it was on sale at BB online. But now that I have the S3, I see that card doesn't register. I have to use my 8gb card that I sed with my og Dinc. Anyone else have this issue?

sirk0rebreg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
found this in an article and have seen it in a few others as well...

The ?Memory Card? section states that the device accepts MicroSD or MicroSDHC memory cards with a maximum capacity of 32GB. Some rumors suggested that the Galaxy S3 would support up to 64GB SD card support, so this might be disappointing for some. Some users of the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note have also mentioned that while the maximum for their devices is 32GB, a 64GB memory card works also. I personally cannot guarantee this one way or the other, so for now, the ?official? recommendation is 32GB.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a faulty card. Class 10 or Class 6? I ask because I've read where some Class 10 cards were having issues and BB sent 10's to a few people.

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Return it to Best Buy if you're within 30 days (45 for Silver members) or contact Sandisk for a warranty replacement. You seem to have gotten a bad card.

On that note, and since my phone just shipped, I'm going upstairs to open mine and check it.

Alewood

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried taking pictures and saving them to the sd card? My camera app fails because I think it is not recognizing my 64 GB class 6 card. Any ideas?

Edit: I did format the card in the phone and it does recognize it as a storage device or area and has just over 59 GB of available space.

Last edited:

Alewood

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Camera app works fine for me on the 64GB card. Maybe try clearing the camera data under Application Manager- All?

Just tried that this morning. I also did three factory resets last night and no luck. Get the message "Warning- Camera Failed." I called Verizon last night and have another one on the way and hopefully will be here Thursday. The guy did give me the option to go by a store to have it swapped out or have one shipped, I went with shipping because I really didn't think there would be one available today when he would try calling around to see if any store could hold one for me. Oh well.

socialillz

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Okay. So went to BB today and didn't an exchange but they didn't have one at the store. Do I'm doing a store pickup instead next week. Does anyone know if the SIII accepts SDXC class 6 or does it have to be SDHC?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

anon(77329)

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
As a couple others have said in this thread, the SanDisk 64GB Class 6 SHXC cards work fine in the S3's. I have the SanDisk 64GB Class 10 version and it also works fine. You have to format it correctly to get the phone to recognize it. I actually inserted mine into my brother Droid Razr Maxx and formatted it in there before I got the S3 because my computer doesn't have the ability to read SDXC cards. It can only read up to 8GB cards.

However, you may have gotten a faulty card so don't rule that out either. I'd first try sticking it in another Android device and seeing if it will see the card and allow you to format it. If you don't have one make a trip to a Verizon store and use one of their Razr's to do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis