Anybody having a problem with the screen going out randomly?

anon(3092520)

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
In the past hour, I've had two instances of my phone going crazy and not working. The first time, the screen suddenly went out and wouldn't come back on when pushing the power or home buttons. The second time, it was a black screen and when I swiped, you could see a sliver of light on the side of the screen. In both instances, the phone started working again after about 20-30 seconds.

Anybody else having similiar problems?

b0btech

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Try to pull the battery out the phone once in a while that usually helps. On another note, does you're screen randomly turn on, and stay on?

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
i def. have this problem. after i lock the phone if i touch the black screen quickly or move the phone around the screen comes back on... anyone else see this?

bbcdm

May 6, 2011
Visit site
It seems that when I push the home button every once in a while I also will get a black screen. While it does come back in a few seconds it still is a hassle.
Still love the device though.......................

jaguarpaw

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
bbcdm - i believe dissabling s voice will will fix that little lag you speak of. and my issue i believe is do to a screen locker app.... i am now unable to uninstall it though.. for some reason the uninstall option isnt pressable.. any ideas?

problem solved... Before uninstalling widget make sure to disable admin permissions in Location & security > Select device admin > Lock Screen Widget

Last edited:

laurel25

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen to me yesterday. Phone suddenly coompletely locked up and it was like the screen went dark, but not completely black. Pressing home, power, power + volume up/volume down did nothing. I was about the pry off the back to pull the battery when it came back on it's own. Weird.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I had that happen to me yesterday. Phone suddenly coompletely locked up and it was like the screen went dark, but not completely black. Pressing home, power, power + volume up/volume down did nothing. I was about the pry off the back to pull the battery when it came back on it's own. Weird.

Had the same thing happen today. I thought it might be the app I was using.