Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Default Anybody having a problem with the screen going out randomly?

In the past hour, I've had two instances of my phone going crazy and not working. The first time, the screen suddenly went out and wouldn't come back on when pushing the power or home buttons. The second time, it was a black screen and when I swiped, you could see a sliver of light on the side of the screen. In both instances, the phone started working again after about 20-30 seconds.

Anybody else having similiar problems?

Try to pull the battery out the phone once in a while that usually helps. On another note, does you're screen randomly turn on, and stay on?

from MY SIII in sunny FL.

Default Re: Anybody having a problem with the screen going out randomly?

i def. have this problem. after i lock the phone if i touch the black screen quickly or move the phone around the screen comes back on... anyone else see this?

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

It seems that when I push the home button every once in a while I also will get a black screen. While it does come back in a few seconds it still is a hassle.
    Still love the device though.......................

bbcdm - i believe dissabling s voice will will fix that little lag you speak of. and my issue i believe is do to a screen locker app.... i am now unable to uninstall it though.. for some reason the uninstall option isnt pressable.. any ideas?

problem solved... Before uninstalling widget make sure to disable admin permissions in Location & security > Select device admin > Lock Screen Widget

I had that happen to me yesterday. Phone suddenly coompletely locked up and it was like the screen went dark, but not completely black. Pressing home, power, power + volume up/volume down did nothing. I was about the pry off the back to pull the battery when it came back on it's own. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by laurel25 View Post
    I had that happen to me yesterday. Phone suddenly coompletely locked up and it was like the screen went dark, but not completely black. Pressing home, power, power + volume up/volume down did nothing. I was about the pry off the back to pull the battery when it came back on it's own. Weird.
    Had the same thing happen today. I thought it might be the app I was using.