Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: phone gets extremely hot

My Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) sometimes gets extremely hot when it is in my pocket. I live in LA, where we have plenty of 4G, so i don't think that's it. I have seen this supposition about an app keeping the radio on before. Any thoughts on how to track it down?

Global Posts
    7,572 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by lteitelb View Post
    My Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) sometimes gets extremely hot when it is in my pocket. I live in LA, where we have plenty of 4G, so i don't think that's it. I have seen this supposition about an app keeping the radio on before. Any thoughts on how to track it down?
    Gsam battery monitor works good on seeing what's running on your phone .

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.gsamlabs.bbm

sent from my SIII

same thing is happening with my galaxy grand quattro..

Quote Originally Posted by gera815 View Post
    I received my phone today and it gets really hot whenever I use data like being online or when I am charging it. Is there something I can do for that

Welcome to the forums!You quoted some older post without providing any specific information regarding your problem. The phone shouldn't be hot on a regular basis, although if you're doing something like using mobile data + a navigation app + charging then it would be normal for the phone to get hot; or playing a processor/graphics intensive game.

You'll have to provide more information about your problem and circumstances.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Mine gets really hot as well. I've noticed it happening under two scenarios: When I have it plugged in to my car and I'm using the GPS (for trips usually over 2 hours) and when it's in my winter coat pocket. I take it out of the case when I'm using the GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by jokeyhaha View Post
    When I have it plugged in to my car and I'm using the GPS (for trips usually over 2 hours)
    This is to be expected - here's the rationale:
    - the phone is charging
    - you're running a graphics/processor intensive app
    - you're (more than likely) using mobile data
    - you're using the GPS
    - the phone is still trying to do all of its normal background tasks

I can't speak to the winter coat issue, but if it's in a case and in a pocket it probably can't dissipate the normal heat burden that it generates.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12