05-10-2014 05:08 PM
- My Verizon Galaxy S3 (SCH-I535) sometimes gets extremely hot when it is in my pocket. I live in LA, where we have plenty of 4G, so i don't think that's it. I have seen this supposition about an app keeping the radio on before. Any thoughts on how to track it down?11-18-2012 11:52 AM
- davidncModerator Captain
sent from my SIII11-18-2012 04:42 PM
- Welcome to the forums!You quoted some older post without providing any specific information regarding your problem. The phone shouldn't be hot on a regular basis, although if you're doing something like using mobile data + a navigation app + charging then it would be normal for the phone to get hot; or playing a processor/graphics intensive game.
You'll have to provide more information about your problem and circumstances.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk05-08-2014 12:18 PM
- the phone is charging
- you're running a graphics/processor intensive app
- you're (more than likely) using mobile data
- you're using the GPS
- the phone is still trying to do all of its normal background tasks
I can't speak to the winter coat issue, but if it's in a case and in a pocket it probably can't dissipate the normal heat burden that it generates.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk05-10-2014 05:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD