Visual Voicemail

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So coming from Sprint I am trying to decide if the Visual Voicemail is really worth $2.99/mo? Anyone use the Verizon app wanna tell me if they think it is worth it?

pbarch1

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Get Google voice its free! I used to pay for vvm but for me goggle voice works well

Sent from my DROID2 Global using Android Central Forums

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Another option, and I believe a better option is YouMail. It is Visual Voice Mail and also has an option for transribing messages. That is a paid service, but it's MUCH better than Google Voice's transription service. Or you can just stick with the voice mail and keep it free.

Highly reccomended

CP2

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Second vote for Youmail. I've had it since I had my BB Storm and it's been great for the last three+ years since I started using it. The basic service is free and will even personalize your greetings to your contacts.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I canceled the visual voice mail. Messages started being garbled. Not worth it. They need to fix it. I really liked it. Its not my phone. Its the application

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I have had visual voicemail for at least 2 years now with no problems at all. LOVE it! Highly recommend that cup of coffee fee each month! Kath

abalboa3

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
I'd go with YouMail as well. I've been using it for a while. It has some great customization to it, and like was previously said, it's free.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Well I use another number for GVoice...works good for that but I need it for my Verizon # as well.

If you forward your Verizon number to Google Voice and set that to ring on your cell it will ring on the cell and then use GVoice for Voicemail.

Go to Google Voice on your phone. Select "Use Google Voice" for voicemail and it'll lead you through the setup which involves dialing *71(GV number) and send.

If you don't like it for whatever reason just dial *73 and send and it'll revert back.

48dodge

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
If you forward your Verizon number to Google Voice and set that to ring on your cell it will ring on the cell and then use GVoice for Voicemail.

Go to Google Voice on your phone. Select "Use Google Voice" for voicemail and it'll lead you through the setup which involves dialing *71(GV number) and send.

If you don't like it for whatever reason just dial *73 and send and it'll revert back.

The lite version is what you want. I had all of the business cell phones setup with visual voicemail. It worked fine. But that was about 18 dollars a month I could save by going with google voice. I think google voice is much better but the transcription is pretty poor.

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site

But as I said I already have a GVoice number that I use regularly...will doing this replace it? If I understand you right this simply forwards them to my GVoice VM right? So they will end up in the same place as my GVoice # VMs?

nedqadams

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
But as I said I already have a GVoice number that I use regularly...will doing this replace it? If I understand you right this simply forwards them to my GVoice VM right? So they will end up in the same place as my GVoice # VMs?

That's correct. If they call you GV # or your Verizon # it will always go to your GV Voicemail.

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I am going to give YouMail a try for a couple of days...I like keeping my GVoice separate.

You'll like it. If you set YouMail to "Smart Greetings", it will use Caller ID and/or your address book to customize the greetings. It kind of freaks some people out when it says "Hello, Sally! Kurt can't get to the phone, but if you...." People ask "how does it know my name!" LOL Plus there are a lot of other options for you to customize it.

And if receiving a text version of your message is helpful, they have a great paid version that transcribes it for you. Google Voice does too, and for free, but it's transcription isn't nearly as accurate as You Mail. Yeah, I know it's free, so I'm not complaining!

Worlds2See

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I use Google Voice for my voicemail. I almost never listen to my messages anymore.

It's also nice to have the transcription in your email.

Best of all it's free.

Dissident

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I installed you mail based on recommendations here, but but it has made a mess of my contacts. I have I now have like three copies of everyone. Is there a fix or did I do something wrong

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I had same issues... Uninstall and reinstall, go to phone settings and sync settings. Uncheck you mail... Worked for me.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
After using YouMail for a couple of days one thing annoys me and I wonder if you guys are experiencing it too. When people start their VM, there is always a bit of static at the start. Originally I just thought it was background noise...but I notice it is at the beginning of every message!

brucedbr

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
After using YouMail for a couple of days one thing annoys me and I wonder if you guys are experiencing it too. When people start their VM, there is always a bit of static at the start. Originally I just thought it was background noise...but I notice it is at the beginning of every message!

Now that you mention it, I used to have that problem with You Mail. Well..I liked so many of their features, I didn't consider it a problem, but I do recall that. But I don't recall it happening lately at all. In fact, used to, the recording would start twice. Like I'd hear something like..."hi Bruce, this is....Hi Bruce this is Rob..." But that doesn't happen any more either.

Cant' say why it's stopped.

And BTW, thanks for what you noticed on how to fix the contacts problem. I've dealt with that several times by going through my contacts and cleaning them up manually. But I'm going to uninstall and reinstall in a minute.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084