Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: Inductive Charging on Verizon Model, Only?

I don't have problem with buying a different back cover. What really pisses me off is that they didn't release it with the phone knowing that it would not fit in cases designed for standard backs. Now I've wasted my money on this case I have now. And all these companies claim to be green... what a environmental waste, Samsung, with these cases that are not usable anymore.

companies don't give a hoot about being green, and only do it to improve their image or save money. Like hotels going green by allowing you not to wash your towel every day, or water companies going green by using thinner material. Or credit card companies going green by allowing you not to get paper statements. Yeah, so they are saving money, but is the savings passed on to the consumer?

Got my extended case. It does fit over the back but it doesn't have a kickstand now. I usually buy cases with kickstands and from what I know, there aren't currently any cases with kickstands that will fit this cover.

I'm not sure if it is worth all of this hassle, but it's working in my dock (desktop and car) and charges with the case on.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Isn't that just a fancy way of naming inductive power conveyance?

Anybody try this set up? Will this work if my phone has a otterbox defender case? Not my pic but I'm thinking of buying this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Inductive Charging on Verizon Model, Only?-t2ec16hhjiye9qucqynsbqlw6l-pb-48_20.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Neotravy View Post
    I think my extended case comes in today. I have some caveats tho.

If the case doesn't fit my new iBolt car dock, the charger goes back.

If the case doesn't fit the wireless charging back, the charger goes back.

Basically there is only a slim chance that I will keep the charger. It's unfortunate because I love the idea. I already had to give up a kickstand (built into my case) for this extended case but if either of the two top apply, back to Verizon it goes.
    Got my extended case. It does fit over the back but it doesn't have a kickstand now. I usually buy cases with kickstands and from what I know, there aren't currently any cases with kickstands that will fit this cover.

I'm not sure if it is worth all of this hassle, but it's working in my dock (desktop and car) and charges with the case on.
    Q1: What is the SKU /UPC for the Verizon inductive Samsung S3 back cover?
    Q2: Which charging plate are you using? (I'm assuming any QI charger will work)
    Q3: What case(s) work with Verizon S3 back cover?
    PS: Please post part number(s), Detailed description., if Ebay item copy and paste item description/part number/seller acquired from in addition to posting link to auction.... Reason for COPY and PASTE is Ebay links go stale, info will help someone track down xyz once link go bad.

I think my extended case comes in today. I have some caveats tho.

If the case doesn't fit my new iBolt car dock, the charger goes back.

If the case doesn't fit the wireless charging back, the charger goes back.

Basically there is only a slim chance that I will keep the charger. It's unfortunate because I love the idea. I already had to give up a kickstand (built into my case) for this extended case but if either of the two top apply, back to Verizon it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbomcm View Post
    Just called Verizon and they checked and said the wireless back cover is not in stock in any distribution centers as of today. She did find the sku for the blue back cover. I will be notified when it comes in. Samsung and Zens will probably be arriving at the same time. If you look you might find it in a corporate store.
    Q1: What is the SKU /UPC for the Verizon inductive Samsung S3 back cover?
    Q2: Which charging plate are you using? (I'm assuming any QI charger will work)
    Q3 : Which cases have you found that will work with the inductive back?

Quote Originally Posted by chewy99 View Post
    Anybody try this set up? Will this work if my phone has a otterbox defender case? Not my pic but I'm thinking of buying this.
    In post #47, Verizon inductive cover= no-go= Otterbox Defender case

Q1: Did you get the Energizer, separate QI inductive coil shown in the pic?
    Q2: Which case are you using?

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Did any one look here? Wireless Charging on S3
    Yes, wireless charging work great. It is the only way I charge my VERIZON Galaxy S3

My experience (which I think others eluded to) was that once my phone is charged it just cycles through turning on/off charging which wakes the phone up, turns on the display, and alerts me.

Has anyone figured out how to make it NOT do that? Seriously, mine does it a few times every minute. Yes, I can be in the other room, it just seems like the phone shouldn't keep cycling like that...

Tampaguy, you are the only person in the WORLD who has posted a picture of the Verizon version of the wireless charging back cover. Do both sets of pins put out voltage when on the wireless charging doc? Or is this two types of wireless charging tecnologies in one case? qi and something more like Touchstone?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123