Screen brightness is abysmal...

ciniob

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
If you need the brighter screen, get the Razr Maxx HD. Smaller screen then the S3 but much brighter.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
There has be a difference between units, because while I don't have DX to compare it to, I can attest that my S3 is freakin' blinding with the brightness turned all the way up. I generally keep mine at about 35-40%...and that's not to save battery, that's because that's where it is comfortable to look at.

I do agree that auto-brightness implementation and the default browser dimming are both awful. Luckily, I have no interest in using auto-brightness, and the browser thing was an easy fix in the settings.

minnieusa

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
i like a bright screen and almost returned the phone when i discovered how dim it was. i unchecked the auto and put the screen to max. i also changed the stock browser to dolphin. i found the stock browser was the problem. dolphin or firefox made it like my old droidx.

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Yea....I have to go with the post about it being a different type of screen. I think LCD screens in general are just brighter than Amoled screens.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I heard running lux brightness helps, but I don't have an S3 to test this out with. I know that it makes my HOX ridiculously bright to the point of burning my eyes out, though :eek:

Sent from my HTC One X

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the original poster had a bad device or something.
I often use my SIII clipped to the handlebars on my motorcycle as a GPS in the bright sunlight. It is as good, or better, then the LCD units I have had in the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz