Any Help for a former HTC Sense user?

davidlnewman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had an Incredible and a Thunderbolt before my new G3 so I am very used to Sense and new to TouchWiz. There are a couple of things I have noticed.

1) The screen icons for email do not show a number for new emails that arrive like sense did. There is notifications in the status bar up top but not by the widgets. I really liked that. Is that possible with TOuchwiz?

2) I took a picture today, and tried to send it to my wife in a text message and I got an error message after it tried to compress, unable to attach, format not supported. There does not look to be a setting in the camera app to change this, so what is going on here. It is hard to believe that they would engineer a phone that couldn't send a picture over mms.

3)On the Thunderbolt there was an option to block calls for a contact. I don't see it here, so I assume it is not a feature?

So far I really like the phone, but I need to learn Touchwiz better.

GLAT

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
This is my first time using touchwiz too.

1. My e-mail box is showing how many unread messages I have

2. No idea

3. I noticed that when I clicked on a number in the recent call list it had a choice called "add to reject list" under the menu button... I'm guessing that is what that is for.

davidlnewman

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, If I use the email widget then there is no number of unread. If I use the email app, it does show it, HOWEVER, I have 2 email accounts ( work and home) and it shows the combined number on both, not the individual number in each... Argh....

parapluie

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I had an Incredible and a Thunderbolt before my new G3 so I am very used to Sense and new to TouchWiz. There are a couple of things I have noticed.

2) I took a picture today, and tried to send it to my wife in a text message and I got an error message after it tried to compress, unable to attach, format not supported. There does not look to be a setting in the camera app to change this, so what is going on here. It is hard to believe that they would engineer a phone that couldn't send a picture over mms.

I hope someone knows the answer to this. I take photos and send them in text messages all the time (on my Incredible). I definitely would like to do this on the S3 as well.