Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

I bet the plastic factory screen protector is still on there and that is what got scratched. The shipping screen protector was much less obvious on this phone than on past phones. Those protectors scratch easily since they are intended to be removed when you get the phone. Look carefully - I bet that is what is going on...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Papadakis likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Default Re: Glass scratches to easy

LOL if thats the case then its extremely thin and edgeless. I have the photos but the damn phone wont send them to the pc or txt. stupid *** commando phones

Quote Originally Posted by 9ks2k View Post
    LOL if thats the case then its extremely thin and edgeless. I have the photos but the damn phone wont send them to the pc or txt. stupid *** commando phones
    Dropbox

The other chance (unlikely given how well polished the damn screen is) that the "Scratch" is actually a line of residue that rubbed off of whatever hit the screen (fingernails or w/e) and it just needs to be cleaned. I would go with the "Scratched after being put face down on a dirty store table and mashed into the grit" theory though. If i saw someone do that to my phone i would probably start weeping. Complain that it was there from the factory and that you want a replacement, do it while other customers are around, and you will probably be fine.
    Thanked by:
    9ks2k likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

as promised. Im going to go in soon. i did say over the phone it prob was from the factory. if they dont believe me ill key the damn phone in front of them.

I just took a router bit across the screen and it didnt scratch!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Glass scratches to easy-scratch1.jpg   Glass scratches to easy-scratch2.jpg   Glass scratches to easy-scratch3.jpg  
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

just my luck they only have the ty blue color ones in stock. have to wait till they ship the good color

While making a phone call earlier my facial hair scratched my screen........ Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    sloan31, TechNut79 and teerone like this.

Global Posts
    328 Global Posts

When I picked mine up this morning and left the store as the light hit the screen, boom there were three huge scratches. Under the screen actually. Had to take the rep out into the sun because in the store is too dark. They exchanged no problem though

I had a Verizon Charge and it had lots of scratches from my keys in my pocket.
    and it had Gorilla glass
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

just remember when all of ur screens scratch ill be laughing

just my luck they only have the ty blue color ones in stock. have to wait till they ship the good color
    So they are gonna replace it for you eventually, right?

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

They have a 14 day satisfaction guarantee and they said it had to be from the factory. they ordered me a new phone, and ill be receiving it by this Tuesday.

as promised. Im going to go in soon. i did say over the phone it prob was from the factory. if they dont believe me ill key the damn phone in front of them.

I just took a router bit across the screen and it didnt scratch!
    Hello all. I live in Brazil and here the rumor is that S3 does not come with Gorilla Glass 2 but with a fragile glass. If you look at the Samsung website, we see no mention of Gorilla Glass 2 on the device. Only in the Corner site that is specified. I find it strange that they do not advertise on the site because it is a positive marketing for Samsung.

I have a brand new 2012 car and I got into an arguement with my wife cause there were scratches all around were the handles are. I thought she had opened the doors with keys in her hand. Come to find out all it is, is the crap that they put on her nails Mind you it wasnt easy to just wipe away i had to actually put some effort into removing the marks. More or less its the same thing NOT A SCRATCH

Unhappy Re: Glass scratches to easy

I agree.. I have S3. I bought it 1 week ago and I can clearly see 4 big scratches.. Today I put it on the school table and S3 digitizer ( screen glass ) cracked because there was a tiny tiny rock on the table.. I don't know how but I will try to but my phone to guarantee. This is serious problem with blue I9300. I've heard a lot of problems like me. And that scratching problem is too usual!!

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

the girl working at verizion scratched my glass with her nails and she didnt even do it hard. i wonder if i can buff the glass with something.
    Did she have nails with a kevlar coating? :-s why the heck was she scratching the glass with her nails anyway?

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts

Get screen protectors!!
    I had a few scratches from dropping my phone. then bought a xoskins.com screen protector.
    It totally filled in the scratches. Phone is just like new now dont know if xo is the only one that does that but they are great!!

The S3 screen scratches very easily under normal use. I do not care what type of glass it is but it scratches. I am on my second S3 because my first one had so many scratches on the screen it became annoying. To boot it was within my 14 day trial period. Judging by where all the scratches were it was a direct result of me swiping to unlock my phone. The scratches were all horizontal and at the height of where I place my thumb when I swipe my screen to unlock and possibly move around the different screens. My other devices in the past never had this issue including my 4s. Naturally, when I received my new device I immediately put a screen protector on it. The screen is NOT impossible to scratch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I have the zagg HD screen protector on my s 3 and it's awesome. I didn't want to take any chances with how expensive these phones are. The screen protectors have a lifetime warranty and only costs $5 to replace if something happens to the screen protector.

I've had the phone from release. Been naked most of the time.. Not scratches. I don't have big nails so maybe that's why? (I'm a guy)

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

This is a tough one to buy. When I'm in our electronics lab, I will lay my phone face down on the work bench because there are little pieces of metal and crap embedded in the surface and I don't want the back to get all boogered up. I know the glass will take it. So far, not a scratch

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLip View Post
    This is a tough one to buy. When I'm in our electronics lab, I will lay my phone face down on the work bench because there are little pieces of metal and crap embedded in the surface and I don't want the back to get all boogered up. I know the glass will take it. So far, not a scratch
    You don't have to buy it at all. But if your willing to dance with the devil and intentionally place your phone glass in harms way don't say you weren't warned.

I'll even do you one better. I visited my local VZW store and checked out their S3 demo models (they have several). OMG talk about scratch haven on the glass! Wow isn't even the word. To be fair, I looked at various other devices and to my amazement not even a hint of a scratch on them. A couple did but the S3's seemed contminaited with all the surface scratches.

I love my S3 and you do not have to buy anything me or anyone else says about the device. Because you may not have experienced the issue, yet, doesnt mean those who have are dreaming it up. Take a trip to your VZ store and look at a demo model. You just might amaze yourself.

Last edited by Adawg1203; 01-20-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thynxink View Post
    I have a brand new 2012 car and I got into an arguement with my wife cause there were scratches all around were the handles are. I thought she had opened the doors with keys in her hand. Come to find out all it is, is the crap that they put on her nails Mind you it wasnt easy to just wipe away i had to actually put some effort into removing the marks. More or less its the same thing NOT A SCRATCH
    You posted this for comedic value. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Adawg1203 View Post
    You don't have to buy it at all. But if your willing to dance with the devil and intentionally place your phone glass in harms way don't say you weren't warned.

I'll even do you one better. I visited my local VZW store and checked out their S3 demo models (they have several). OMG talk about scratch haven on the glass! Wow isn't even the word. To be fair, I looked at various other devices and to my amazement not even a hint of a scratch on them. A couple did but the S3's seemed contminaited with all the surface scratches.

I love my S3 and you do not have to buy anything me or anyone else says about the device. Because you may not have experienced the issue, yet, doesnt mean those who have are dreaming it up. Take a trip to your VZ store and look at a demo model. You just might amaze yourself.

I'm always willing to amaze myself OK, I'll do that.
    Adawg1203 likes this.

Mine has been extremely robust.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12