Glass scratches to easy

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
the girl working at verizion scratched my glass with her nails and she didnt even do it hard. i wonder if i can buff the glass with something.

rgarcia900

May 31, 2012
Visit site
the girl working at verizion scratched my glass with her nails and she didnt even do it hard. i wonder if i can buff the glass with something.

I will have them replace the device since they caused the damage. Heck, i wont even leave the store until they did...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
pretty damn easy to me and i kno the girl from HS i didnt wanna make a scene but she ed my data plan UP it says 2 gbs and corportate email for 45 a month!!!!!!!!!! im suppose to be grandfathered!!!!!

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
pretty damn easy to me and i kno the girl from HS i didnt wanna make a scene but she ed my data plan UP it says 2 gbs and corportate email for 45 a month!!!!!!!!!! im suppose to be grandfathered!!!!!

wut%20+_1dba9464c73285e46d875b9e850c692d.jpg

gnewvel

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, but that isn't possible...Did she have some kind of fake nails? Human fingernails have a hardness of around 2.5 on the Moh's Hardness scale...glass is about 5.5...a diamond is a 10. Lots of things can scratch glass but ordinary fingernails cannot.

Science teacher geek info actually comes in handy sometimes.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Buff it? Hell no - better get a new device, if it in fact happened as you described. :confused:

WillC

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Two days ago I was pulling my S3 out of my pocket while walking through a restaurant. The phone slipped out of my hand, hit the ceramic tile floor and slid face down across the room for approximately 6'. Not a scratch to be found anywhere on the phone!

JeremytheIndian

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Didn't happen. The Gorilla Glass on my Fassy had been unprotected for 1.5 years with out a single scratch. I dropped it on concrete Monday and it finally bit the bullet and cracked.

I'm not buying this story at all.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
There's another thread about torture tests from Cnet. She did a scratch test with keys and keychain, etc. She said there were scratches, but there were oils and grease from her hands and all the other tests on the screen. She was probably just seeing that and not seeing actual scratches.

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
she has fake nails. she also had it face down on the table when she was putting the battery in and it slid around some. maybe there was dirt? they are just hair line scratches nothing u can feel or see when the screen is on. ill try taking a pic on my web cam. they wont show up on this web cam. i have to try a real camera when i get one

Last edited:

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
she has fake nails. she also had it face down on the table when she was putting the battery in and it slid around some. maybe there was dirt? they are just hair line scratches nothing u can feel or see when the screen is on. ill try taking a pic on my web cam. they wont show up on this web cam. i have to try a real camera when i get one

But you said she did it with her nails in your original post. Now she slid it around face down on a table??

I'm throwing the bs flag on this.

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
well I when she first took the phone out of the box she laid it face down on her desk which was a smooth surface. It slit around alittle when she was putting the battery in and sim card. they she proceeded to activate it. so im not sure if it was her thick fake nails which were american manicure. or if there was some dirt on her desk that did it. the scratches are very fine lines. towards the bottom half of the screen and only on the area of glass. Its to late to do anything about it since i left and went home before i noticed this. it is very odd to me cause i took a key to the glass and nothing happen:confused:

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
so i talked to the girl im friends with that sold me the phone . she told me to bring it in tmm and have the tech guy look at it. she said she will have a full stock of new phones because its launch time, and that i most likely will get a new one. sad this happend i think it was from the factory like this to be honest. and my screen protectors came in today otterbox comes tmm

Papadakis

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Pics or it didnt happen. how people scratch gorilla glass is beyond me. from my experience coming from my D2G of over a year and a half you have to really really really try to scratch gorilla glass. If I hold my D2g at the right angle you can see the tiniest almost non-visible scratches but when looking normally at the screen it's pristine. I would expect with this newer glass tech it's even better than what they had 2-3 years ago.