Glass scratches to easy

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
so i talked to the girl im friends with that sold me the phone . she told me to bring it in tmm and have the tech guy look at it. she said she will have a full stock of new phones because its launch time, and that i most likely will get a new one. sad this happend i think it was from the factory like this to be honest. and my screen protectors came in today otterbox comes tmm

So you're story went from your female friend at the VZW scratched your brand new phone using her fake nails ---> she actually slid it around with her fingers on the dirty counter --> it was already pre-scratched from the factory.

You either have quite the imagination or a horrible memory.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So she took the phone out the box, took the plastic off the screen (with your permission?), laid it face down, slid the phone around then turned it over and went fingernail first to the screen. Yes, this is funny.

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
the girl working at verizion scratched my glass with her nails and she didnt even do it hard. i wonder if i can buff the glass with something.

Yea after I saw the YouTube video of the guy "playing fruit ninja like a boss" I figured my GS3 would never scratch I was sadly mistaken. That guys glass was probably ruined after that.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
oddly enough i dont recall seeing any plastic protector on it when she took it out of the box. and i sat there watching her every move. She handles tons of phone and never scratch one she said. after watching the reviews in those vids its impossible she did it.

So she took the phone out the box, took the plastic off the screen (with your permission?), laid it face down, slid the phone around then turned it over and went fingernail first to the screen. Yes, this is funny.

albertdc

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I bet the plastic factory screen protector is still on there and that is what got scratched. The shipping screen protector was much less obvious on this phone than on past phones. Those protectors scratch easily since they are intended to be removed when you get the phone. Look carefully - I bet that is what is going on...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
LOL if thats the case then its extremely thin and edgeless. I have the photos but the damn phone wont send them to the pc or txt. stupid ass commando phones

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
The other chance (unlikely given how well polished the damn screen is) that the "Scratch" is actually a line of residue that rubbed off of whatever hit the screen (fingernails or w/e) and it just needs to be cleaned. I would go with the "Scratched after being put face down on a dirty store table and mashed into the grit" theory though. If i saw someone do that to my phone i would probably start weeping. Complain that it was there from the factory and that you want a replacement, do it while other customers are around, and you will probably be fine.

Reactions: racedog

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
as promised. Im going to go in soon. i did say over the phone it prob was from the factory. if they dont believe me ill key the damn phone in front of them.

I just took a router bit across the screen and it didnt scratch!

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
When I picked mine up this morning and left the store as the light hit the screen, boom there were three huge scratches. Under the screen actually. Had to take the rep out into the sun because in the store is too dark. They exchanged no problem though

9ks2k

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
They have a 14 day satisfaction guarantee and they said it had to be from the factory. they ordered me a new phone, and ill be receiving it by this Tuesday. :D

xytake

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
as promised. Im going to go in soon. i did say over the phone it prob was from the factory. if they dont believe me ill key the damn phone in front of them.

I just took a router bit across the screen and it didnt scratch!

Hello all. I live in Brazil and here the rumor is that S3 does not come with Gorilla Glass 2 but with a fragile glass. If you look at the Samsung website, we see no mention of Gorilla Glass 2 on the device. Only in the Corner site that is specified. I find it strange that they do not advertise on the site because it is a positive marketing for Samsung.

thynxink

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a brand new 2012 car and I got into an arguement with my wife cause there were scratches all around were the handles are. I thought she had opened the doors with keys in her hand. Come to find out all it is, is the crap that they put on her nails Mind you it wasnt easy to just wipe away i had to actually put some effort into removing the marks. More or less its the same thing NOT A SCRATCH

Roope Hirvonen

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree.. I have S3. I bought it 1 week ago and I can clearly see 4 big scratches.. Today I put it on the school table and S3 digitizer ( screen glass ) cracked because there was a tiny tiny rock on the table.. I don't know how but I will try to but my phone to guarantee. This is serious problem with blue I9300. I've heard a lot of problems like me. And that scratching problem is too usual!!:'(