Emergency Call Button...

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way remove the emergency call option on lock screen? Or do I HAVE to download a 3rd party lock screen?

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't see any emergency call option on my lock screen. What does it look like and where is it located?
screenshot2012071018073.png

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
It's on the lock screen when you use a pattern to unlock. I went away from the default "swipe to unlock" screen because I'm trying to avoid accidental pocket dialing.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It's on the lock screen when you use a pattern to unlock. I went away from the default "swipe to unlock" screen because I'm trying to avoid accidental pocket dialing.

Ah. I found it.

I don't think you can get rid of it. I had the same thing show up on my DX but when I used Widget Locker, it didn't show the emergency button. Only the pattern. I'm not sure if Widget Locker had anything to do with it. But if the OS loaded the lock screen then the pattern screen would have the emergency call button.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just tried Widget Locker and the emergency button still showed up. Sorry OP. Not sure if you'll be able to get rid of it.

Last edited:

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for looking. Nice to see a Yankees fan helping out a Red Sox fan ;)

Anyone else know if its possible to remove this?

Sharan Rajendran

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
My 2 year old called 911 by accident. I am always scared when she has my phone in hand playing with the pattern. To get rid of the emergency button on the lock screen, I am using go locker app now. The only disadvantage with that is to lock the home button, u have to use go launcher. Go Launcher is an excellent app. So i dont think i am missing anything.

Earl Hickey

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problem - pocket-dialling "emergency" numbers. It's really worrisome as I know they can even fine you for making false calls.
I'm wary of downloading third-party software - God knows what kind of nastiness you can catch that way.
Is there a normal way to turn off this godawful feature?
I can't believe that the creators of Android are that unaware of users needs and haven't fixed it in the latest version!

Gina Gillett

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Thank God for Go locker! After my son called 911 twice this week and 1 visit from the police I am able to add Go Locker to keep this from happening. If it wasn't for your post, I was worried that the police wouldn't be able to focus on their real jobs.

acsurfer

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My 2 year old called 911 by accident. I am always scared when she has my phone in hand playing with the pattern. To get rid of the emergency button on the lock screen, I am using go locker app now. The only disadvantage with that is to lock the home button, u have to use go launcher. Go Launcher is an excellent app. So i dont think i am missing anything.

Q1 What do you mean by "to lock the home button, u have to use go launcher"?

Q2 When you are using go locker app, what will happen when you press the home button?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC