Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default text message icon showing three unread messages

My gs3 says I have 3 unread text messages, but in fact I already read them, answered and deleted them. the text message icon won't reset. Any clue on how to fix this? Anyone else having this issue?

Angry Re: text message icon showing three unread messages

I have the same problem but only say's 1 message???? CAN ANY ONE HELP??!! Thank you

Default Re: text message icon showing three unread messages

Only thing I can think of is going to the app manager and clearing the cache for the messaging app. The downside is you'll probably lose all your messages.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

This used to happen to me when I would let my Ford SYNC read the messages to me. I would actually have to delete the messages that it read to me. When that wouldn't work I'd have to delete all the messages in my inbox.

Found a Solution to this -

Go to Settings - Application Manager - All - select BADGEPROVIDER - Clear Data..

Restart Phone!

And it's Done!

Quote Originally Posted by zaeman2569 View Post
    My gs3 says I have 3 unread text messages, but in fact I already read them, answered and deleted them. the text message icon won't reset. Any clue on how to fix this? Anyone else having this issue?
    Yeah i have that too with only one text though and it happened JUST like you said.

The solution is post number 5 just above yours.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)