The 16g or the 32g???

dvus1

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok so Thursday i will go to my local store and get the s3 off contract (ouch). Do i really need to get the 32g over the 16g or am i just being to cheap for the extra $50? I mean this thing will take a 64 sd card, jeez how much space do you really need??? Can someone point out any disadvantages besides have more internal space on the phone. Thanks

Alewood

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the money? Then go for the 32, if not then 16. I am an old timer and I remember when a 500mb hard drive was a lot of space, now look where we are. Just my opinion. I have the 32 with a 64 GB card which is more than I will ever need but you never know. Read what others have to say but either way you can't go wrong.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you can afford the extra cost I would go with the 32gb.Yeah I know you can get a 64gb sdcard.I just use my sdcard for pictures,music,etc..
But you can not change the internal storage space of the phone.I keep all my apps on the internal storage.
Actually from my understanding I dont think( I could be wrong) that you could move apps from the google playstore to the external sdcard.
Get which works best for you tho

dvus1

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok well they only had the 16g available no big deal. So now I am the proud new owner of a galaxy s3. First thing that I noticed was how lite it was. I am coming from a TB with an extended battery, it was a boat anchor compared to this s3. Going to time some time to get use to it, but I'm pretty sure I made the right decision. Now if I can just figure out how to get my text messages off of my old phone and on to this one.

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
honestly when you say off contact then ouch....I don't believe you can afford the extra 50, nor the phone itself outright.....

people who can truly afford purchases like this and I do think in a case of a phone at 500 plus dollars is a luxury item, you don't hear them say ouch or if it's a good idea.

Not trying to sound like a d?ck not argue.....so with that being said I would just get the 32, cause it's only 50 bucks and is rather have 32 on hard than half on a slow card...besides the added speed, you don't have to mess with moving stuff to sd.

Sent from my SCH-I500

dvus1

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
NP, it's cool, the retail store only had 16g in stock and I didn't want to wait so I just bought the 16g. Hell it still has double everything my thunderbolt did so I'm happy with it :)

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought the 16GB. For less than the difference in price between the 16GB and 32GB, I was able to buy a 64GB SD card. 80GB on a phone is enough for me!

Reactions: shoreyaj1

shoreyaj1

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Don't waste your money by buying a 32gb phone with the exact same specs (minus memory) for $50 more.

Buy a 16gb phone and spend $20 on a 16gb micro sd card from newegg.com or similar site.

Then take your significant other out to dinner with the $30 you saved. :)

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the money? Then go for the 32, if not then 16. I am an old timer and I remember when a 500mb hard drive was a lot of space, now look where we are. Just my opinion. I have the 32 with a 64 GB card which is more than I will ever need but you never know. Read what others have to say but either way you can't go wrong.
Not to go off topic but my first laptop with a hard drive had 10mb. At that time even having a hard drive was pretty high tech.
Regarding the OP's question I don't think you can ever anticipate not using up whatever space you do have.

shoreyaj1

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Don't be crazy and waste money just because you can or can't. Buy a 16gb and spend less then $50 on a micro sd card online and have a better equipped phone for less money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress