Samsung Keyboard = Fail?

Destination Moon

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else dislike the Samsung Swype Keyboard?? I have had a couple phones and there was always access to punctuation keys on the home keyboard by long pressing. Also, there does not seem to be a way to bring up a cursor control board like you had on my Razr?? Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

WillC

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I REALLY disliked the stock keyboard. Tried adjusting to it for a couple of frustrating days then installed the Swype Beta.

chefz

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I am another strong vote for Swift Key 3! Been using it for awhile now after switching to it from Swype. It's fast and has the punctuation keys I want right on the main screen as well as really amazing predictive capabilities. Always first thing to go on a new phone.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
SwiftKey 3 here...

If you like to swipe instead of type, then going with the Swype beta is also an option...

I find Swype to be very impressive...and somewhat usable... I used it for a long time, but found myself backspacing to correct words that weren't quite swiped correctly... Switched to SwiftKey and have been very happy... I love the predictive technology...

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I liked the ICS keyboard and there are a couple in the market but I have not tried them yet, right now I am using a gingerbread keyboard that installed on my phones automatically, been in my apps for so long unused and I forgot about it until now :) it will do until I find something better

anon(19758)

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I do love Swype, but the newest version is NOT my favorite. They removed or rearranged some stuff that I used to use constantly, and now can't. HATE the new design for the number pad screen (Swipe from the Swype button to the 5 if you don't know what screen I mean.) Also, the design of the keypad screen is different (swipe from swype to the button just to its right for this one) and I really don't like either.

/offtopic

taborcarn

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah not a fan so far. I'm going to have to try out some new ones, but i had to at least shut off the predictive text for now. It was too inaccurate and intrusive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums