Is your wifi constantly downloading?

spd6ix

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
This wifi issue has just affected me 2 days ago. I have had this phone for over 4 months. It has been connected to many wifi networks (including the current home network that now has the download arrow issue). I will look for options on my router that may help, but it does not make much sence to do so as nothing has changed on my network...

NOVA79

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I would love a solution to this as well.

I never had an issue with this before...my phone (s3) suffered the "sudden death" issue a few weeks ago and went to Samsung (I assume) for repairs (via Telus)...I got my phone back last night (same phone) and now I suddenly have this issue with my home Wifi network....I don't seem to have the issue on another Wifi network I tested.

I really don't think it's downloading anything...it's a pure annoyance to me...seeing the orange download light constantly on is seriously driving me nuts...I feel like taking it back to the Telus store, but they're probably act like they've never heard of the issue (which was the reaction I got first time I brought my phone in to be fixed).

Does ANYBODY have a CONFIRMED fix for this issue???

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would love a solution to this as well.

I never had an issue with this before...my phone (s3) suffered the "sudden death" issue a few weeks ago and went to Samsung (I assume) for repairs (via Telus)...I got my phone back last night (same phone) and now I suddenly have this issue with my home Wifi network....I don't seem to have the issue on another Wifi network I tested.

I really don't think it's downloading anything...it's a pure annoyance to me...seeing the orange download light constantly on is seriously driving me nuts...I feel like taking it back to the Telus store, but they're probably act like they've never heard of the issue (which was the reaction I got first time I brought my phone in to be fixed).

Does ANYBODY have a CONFIRMED fix for this issue???

This thread is an old one.. Are you not updated? The updated version for the S3 gets rid of the arrows (see attached).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360177272891.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360177272891.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 140

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
This thread is an old one.. Are you not updated? The updated version for the S3 gets rid of the arrows (see attached).

I am on stock 4.1.1 and still constant orange arrows.
Truthfully, I don't see any difference in battery life with my wi-fi on or off so I just leave as is and ignore. Obviously, something is going on as every once in a while I get a pop up stating "connected to my network". I don't know if this is a Verizon popup only but again I just ignore and go about business as usual.

nusa4ave.jpg

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360178357071.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360178357071.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 18

NOVA79

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
It's hard to ignore considering the fact that before I sent my phone in for repairs, it was a non-issue...and now it's suddenly an issue... I was told they had to replace some chipboard in the phone....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Odd. I guess Sprint just got rid of the arrows.

Well if it's any comfort when I had them it did the same thing.. But I could easily look at my wifi and see no activity from my router so I knew it was just the phone being dumb (my wifi is used only by me).

NOVA79

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
So I called Samsung and was told that it is most likely a software glitch and for me to do a factory reset of the phone. I have read on other sites that this does not solve the problem so I am hesitant to wipe the phone and do a factory reset...especially considering the fact that I just yesterday had to re-download all my apps which took an insane amount of time...

...so frustrated with this issue....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
See...no matter what I seem to do, it's constantly orange (on my Wifi network at home...)

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/t/0/AA...BsOyk1UFOvyNLZHrEA?size=1600x1200&size_mode=2

Well if it's any comfort when I had them it did the same thing.. But I could easily look at my wifi and see no activity from my router so I knew it was just the phone being dumb (my wifi is used only by me).

I would just ignore it. It isn't transferring things.. It's more than likely a glitch that they may patch in the future.

mfaiao

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: I Solved mine

I had the same issue with my 3 days old Samsung galaxy S3, was driving me nuts ... !!!
i went through everything you can imagine .... from the phone to the router .... then here was the Issue .

there is something on your network that is constantly broadcasting its ip address stupidly to every ip on the lan , in my case ( IT WAS THE REMOTE MOUSE SERVER) app installed on one of my computers .

so here is my advice , disconnect everything wired from your network / Router .... and see if it stopped downloading , if not disconnect all other wifi devices on the network. ... if it stopped then you are in luck start reconnecting one by one ...

hope it helps ...

eden_orient, you were perfectly right! The REMOTE MOUSE was doing the multicasting. Thankyou!!

James Akey

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I would just ignore it. It isn't transferring things.. It's more than likely a glitch that they may patch in the future.
I am having Same issue on my S4 but i cannot just ignore it cause i can't use my computer cause the phone is taking ALL the bandwidth from my router. I turn my wifi off on my phone my computer internet works just fine but but turn the wifi back on i cannot get on any internet site on my computer. I'm on unlimited internet at home so i do not know if it is actually pulling data, but it sure take all the bandwidth from the router. So ya turn my wifi offf then.......... But then i'm using up the tiny bit of data that is on my plan, here in Ontario the charge ya a **** load for data now, $70 plan and it only has 250mb data my old plan before s4 was $56 and 2gigs of data. Hummmm wonder if there is something there.......

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
James,
Sounds like your router is suspect - there's no way that one client would be allowed to use all of the bandwidth unless you specifically assigned a QOS (Quality of Service) setting for it. Most people wouldn't even know how to do that.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Mauricio Ramalho

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I also noticed this, because my battery would drop 60% in around 8 hours without even touching the phone. I just saw the comments to this thread about the router/network being the culprit and I confirm it. If I connect to my workplace's WiFi (corporate environment with 1000s firewalls), the download arrow in the WiFi icon is constantly orange. If I connect to an open WiFi network outside, I have a normal WiFi behaviour. My guess is that some "vital" port is blocked in a firewall along the way and the phone is too dumb to understand that, so it just keeps trying.

vmini91

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I think I've found the culprit. I've had the same issues. After months of no luck I gave up. Then I noticed on my windows 7 computer, that a homegroup that was created. This allows for wireless sharing across devices. After deleteing the homefroup, my wifi has stopped downloading constantly. Hope this is the fix you need. This only started after I got my new computer and there was a homegroup created. It never happens on any computer that does not have homegroup enabled.

andrewstalks

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
my phone says its not safe and saying am connected to someone a also get eye flashing up and arrows am using neighbours wifi but they dont know why either am a being hacked by someone