Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: WiFi losing connection at random, needing toggle to reconnect

Yeah, I've had the problem on a least 5 networks I regularly connect to. Definitely something with the phone. No problems with any of my other devices or previous phone.

Have no idea what's wrong, but I hope they fix it.

Any further progress/news on this? I'm seeing this issue of intermittent non-connects on several Wi-Fi networks on both my and my wife's new GSIIIs. Turning Wi-Fi off and then back on _usually_ fixes it, but not always...sometimes requires doing that 2 or 3 times before a solid connection will be established.

If it requires new Sammy software, October can't come soon enough. Of course, maybe that update will come with JB (a guy can dream).

Quote Originally Posted by craigf View Post
    Any further progress/news on this? I'm seeing this issue of intermittent non-connects on several Wi-Fi networks on both my and my wife's new GSIIIs. Turning Wi-Fi off and then back on _usually_ fixes it, but not always...sometimes requires doing that 2 or 3 times before a solid connection will be established.

If it requires new Sammy software, October can't come soon enough. Of course, maybe that update will come with JB (a guy can dream).
    With setting my IP to static, seems I need to toggle wifi once every 2nd or 3rd day. So, while it is better, it is still not working the way it should.

This might be solved with a software update (lets hope). What worries me even more. I have an Iphone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy SII LTE HD and in the lower corner of house (furthest away from router) they both show full Wi-fi signal strength (less one bar). My SIII barely shows 1 dot. an that will even drop off. So lets see.

Curious if others have noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by judge34411 View Post
    This might be solved with a software update (lets hope). What worries me even more. I have an Iphone 4 and a Samsung Galaxy SII LTE HD and in the lower corner of house (furthest away from router) they both show full Wi-fi signal strength (less one bar). My SIII barely shows 1 dot. an that will even drop off. So lets see.

Curious if others have noticed this?
    ^ nah, but bars are meaningless between devices (because 4 bars on one device doesn't = 4 bars on another device). You need a signal meter that'll tell you what kind of reception you're getting.

Try and download a WiFi signal tester on your cell phone I use WiFi analyzer and check to see if there is someone on the same frequency channel as you with a weaker signal. Could be that you need to change your channel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

This isnt going to help anyone with problems, but I just wanted to add that I have been very happy with the wireless performance of my GSIII. So not all of them are broken.

The Wifi has been problem-free from day one. I use it both at home on a WPA2 protected WLAN and at work on an open WLAN.

It even has better range than my old Droid 3.

-Suntan

I have the same problem with the S3 dropping WiFi randomly both at home and at work. Sometimes it will work no problem all day, sometimes less than an hour (never really timed it) before I have to manually reconnect.

I don't have any problems either I was just making a suggestions in the area since VZW does not hsbe a area of tech support fir WiFi

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Energy hoarder

Global Posts
    1,473 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

I also have no issues with my phone on my pos belkin router surprisingly.

I haven't messed with any settings aside from turning off auto connect and setting wifi to sleep when screen is off. Also I set it to not notify me when there is a open network.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It may not be your hardware. I have an HP Touchpad that I added Android 4.0 ICE Cyanogen and when in Android it randomly and frequently now drops the WiFi connection. This is a recent development. Toggle WiFi off then on and sometimes it connects back, but only for a short time again. But when I reboot into HP's Web OS, the WiFi stays on with no problems.
    Thanked by:

Imagine my surprise when I updated the OS on 1) my Galaxy S3, my wife's Galaxy Note and my iPad 3 and her iPad 2, and suddenly I have WiFi connection problems on all 4 devices! Same symptoms on all 4. They connect for 1, 2 , 5 minutes and BAM! - off line. Turn WiFi connection off and back on and another brief interval of WiFi. BrightHouse rebooted the router and changed channels. No change. Go to work. Same problem.
    Is this another Apple got it from Samsung got it from Apple. Something smells like politics!

Bottom line, I'm seeing no relief yet in the forums. I've tried all the suggestions.
    Will the companies, please, come through with a fix soon!

Default Re: WiFi losing connection at random, needing toggle to reconnect?

Imagine my surprise when I updated the OS on 1) my Galaxy S3, my wife's Galaxy Note and my iPad 3 and her iPad 2, and suddenly I have WiFi connection problems on all 4 devices! Same symptoms on all 4. They connect for 1, 2 , 5 minutes and BAM! - off line. Turn WiFi connection off and back on and another brief interval of WiFi. BrightHouse rebooted the router and changed channels. No change. Go to work. Same problem.
    Is this another Apple got it from Samsung got it from Apple. Something smells like politics!

Bottom line, I'm seeing no relief yet in the forums. I've tried all the suggestions.
    Will the companies, please, come through with a fix soon!

I hate to sound like a total noob, but can you walkme step by step from the home screen as to how you fixed this problem.I can't seem to get to the screen shown in your screenshot. I just got this phone two weeks ago and it started dropping my wifi connection a week ago- even when sitting a foot away from the router itsself! Thanks for any help!

ROM
    CM7 Nightly20120226

I am having the same issue with my blue 32gb....but my wife with her white 32gb isnt having the same issue. Always is on my home wifi network, however I do not go anywhere else where I connect. Sometimes it auto detects when I get home, others it doesnt...then will randomly drop the wifi while I am at home...havent found a pattern as to why and when it does it

I had this problem also on my att galaxy note 2. The solution is to disable att smart wifi. For some reason smart wifi fights withbthe phones internal wireless. I personally think its because att wants you to use their network if its in range even if you prefer to use another.

I have verizon and have the same problem(
    does anybody know what I should do?

Just had this problem with my wife's new Samsung Galaxy Express. Tried all the suggestions here but none worked. I removed the asterisk (*) from our Wi-Fi password and it worked like a charm. I hope this works for you too. I did try replacing the asterisk with a dollar sign ($) and that worked. If your don't have an asterisk in your password and it isn't working maybe try doing a test without any special characters to see if one of them is tripping up your device's wi-fi handshake.

I'm having the same problem with my rezound. It started this week. Battery pull no help. It is constantly reconnecting to wifi and killing my battery. My husband is not having issues with his charge or zoom and my son is not having issue with his samsung note10.1 or iphone. Only my rezound is acting up so it is not our internet. Our 2 laptops and 1 desktop also no wifi issues.

had my samsung s3 verizon for almost a year..its been working fine.. until like a month ago.. now it disconnects and reconnects to my network like every minute.. cannot watch any youtube videos... annoying.. tried everything you guys stated.. nothing works so far.. i did not download or change anything on my phone.. thought it was the router but it happens at home and at work.. and the other devices are fine..

oh yeah.. also... why when i punch in *#0011# it doesn't do anything?? tried hitting dial after that and also the left soft menu key.. does this not work with verizon?

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts

Its random for me now. Sometimes it stays connected fine as now. Other times it constantly connects/ loses connection, I have no idea why. I have a G-Nex that does the same thing. I also have a sweet running Droid X (stock rooted) that does this.

Thanks to those who suggested WiFi Fixer. It fixed my problem. I was dropping on tablet at home for months ( since I changed routers) and with this i've been connected for about a week with no problems.

Two of my friends were visiting today. They both have S3's, one has had wifi issues from the beginning and the other has no issues. They both tried to access my wifi. One worked and the other kept dropping and getting no networks available I think it was. They live together and both use the same everything at home, one works, the other doesnt. I think its the quality of the parts and/or the build.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

My GS3 started having this problem about a month ago (purchased in mid-December). I've gone through the proposed solutions in this thread and none of it has helped. Any more ideas out there?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570 and have the same dropping problem, connects fine then after a random amount of time it drops connection.

Fully updated, not rooted.

Its weird, I only used it as a phone for the first 2 months so only tried the wifi for more than a few mins after that time, so I did not realise it had a problem. The strange thing is, is if I factory reset it, the connection will hold for a day or two, then get progressively worse until it drops every couple of mins.

I am worried about sending it back, as they will just factory reset it and see it working then charge me for sending a working phone back to be tested (even if I describe the situation i am betting this is what they will do, as it is like talking to robots on the phone when you call them). VERY frustrating. (tried all the ideas in here with no luck :/)
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast