I can order now and keep unlimited data

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
60ecd1bd-25eb-7b00.jpg
went to order and this is what I get error or for reals?!

Sent from my iPad HD! using Tapatalk

dillon24

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
It looks like it according to that.. if it says it on your contract then I'd say yes but I would be leery because it is after the date.. You might get it on a technicality though

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
It looks like it according to that.. if it says it on your contract then I'd say yes but I would be leery because it is after the date.. You might get it on a technicality though

Yeah If I do order I might call and ask it just seems to good to be true

Sent from my iPad HD! using Tapatalk

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if you'll hit a screen where it gives you the option to keep you unlimited OR pay full price. As I understand it, that's how things will work now.

monkeypunch35

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Go for it. I WOULD NOT call Verizon. They will force you to the tiered plan. If you have the paper work, and agree to the terms then you should be good to go.

QBert

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me when I looked online today. I didn't actually place the order, but the option was definitely there. I will update when I actually place the order...

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I was told at the verizon store that if I would pre-order my S3 I would continue with my unlimited data plan. So I did just that. Placed the order on the 20th of June. Never received an email or any notification, but my pre-order was canceled for no apparent reason. So today I went into the store, bought the phone and was told I was going to lose my unlimited data plan and had to go into the 2gb tiered plan.

I just got off the phone with Verizon and they told me i'm out of luck and that there is nothing they can do. What kind of BS is that?

karlne

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Let me tell everyone what happened to me today. I saved my money to buy the latest droid 4. I understand it will be enabled Globally soon and I was unaware there were no longer ANY UNLIMITED DATA PLANS WITH VZW even for old grandfathers like myself. The only way I could keep unlimited data is pay the full retail price for the phone. Not likely. It didn't matter that I had been a loyal subscriber for 20 years. So, when my contract is up, my lady and I are both leaving Verizon. Hopefully many others will feel the same way. Maybe ol red will become number two someday again. We hope to find a new home somewhere else. Sour grapes ??? Yup... You bet. But VZW won't get anymore of my coinage. I would appreciate any recommendations other than VZW. Thanks !

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Let me tell everyone what happened to me today. I saved my money to buy the latest droid 4. I understand it will be enabled Globally soon and I was unaware there were no longer ANY UNLIMITED DATA PLANS WITH VZW even for old grandfathers like myself. The only way I could keep unlimited data is pay the full retail price for the phone. Not likely. It didn't matter that I had been a loyal subscriber for 20 years. So, when my contract is up, my lady and I are both leaving Verizon. Hopefully many others will feel the same way. Maybe ol red will become number two someday again. We hope to find a new home somewhere else. Sour grapes ??? Yup... You bet. But VZW won't get anymore of my coinage. I would appreciate any recommendations other than VZW. Thanks !
I'm glad to see that vzw mad you mad and you felt it was time to take your money elsewhere.
As far as other carries are concerned you have to speak with and use others phones. I live in ny and phone service isn't really a issue here.

monkeypunch35

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was told at the verizon store that if I would pre-order my S3 I would continue with my unlimited data plan. So I did just that. Placed the order on the 20th of June. Never received an email or any notification, but my pre-order was canceled for no apparent reason. So today I went into the store, bought the phone and was told I was going to lose my unlimited data plan and had to go into the 2gb tiered plan.

I just got off the phone with Verizon and they told me i'm out of luck and that there is nothing they can do. What kind of BS is that?

Did you receive the pre-order confirmation email? If you did, it has the date on it. Keep pushing them. Keep going up the ladder.

trekmario

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
i just got mine i count pre order because no credit card . so i went in and got the bule one and no questions about my plan i got the phone and walked out on my recept it says unlimited. so go figure.

VicVinegar

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't call. See if the order will go through and if they try to pull it out from under you, argue with them and potentially cancel it.

Calling will just point it out. If you've ever used a site like FatWallet, the rule is always "DON'T CALL" when you see an almost too good deal.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Probably the iconic portal that's still being used for the GSIII orders. Wonder if it would let you keep it if you selected the Incredible 4G or one of the other devices.

Poohbear

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you receive the pre-order confirmation email? If you did, it has the date on it. Keep pushing them. Keep going up the ladder.

I did receive the confirmation letter and I even asked to speak with the supervisor when I called Verizon. I explained the situation and even tried giving him the pre-order number. He told me that he was sorry, but that when activating the new phone I had to switch over to the new data plans, even if I did pre-order my phone.

I probably only use about 1gb of data, but it was nice knowing I had unlimited data and didn't have to worry about using too much.

Xuri

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I found a work around. !!

I have 3 lines on my Verizon acct: my wife's, Mine , and a 3rd we use for upgrades. We keep a basic phone on the 3rd line and use Verizon's alternate upgrade option. In the store they kept telling me there was nothing they could do to keep my unlimited data. However i wanted the s3 and needed the data. After 15 different phone calls to Verizon i found someone willing to help. they told me to go to the store and do an alternate upgrade, that is the only way to keep the unlimited data, the alternate number would have to go to a tier'd plan but it keeps a basic phone so no data needed. used the alternate upgrade on the basic phone then put the basic phone back on the line and the s3 moved to my unlimited data line. if you are ok with paying the 10 $ extra a month for an additional line there ya go. Verizon gets what they want you get what you want.

Fuzion0503

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I had to choose month-to-month then choose the phone, existing customer, logged in again. Again had to change 2 year to month to month (They trying to trick me?) Then selected my phone, hit yes to a new sim card. Choose to keep talk and minutes plan though you can change this and it does not affect the unlimited data choice. Then on next screen I see:

The page that shows the optoin is the very last option under data packages:
Unlimited Email & Web for Smartphones (personal email) - Existing Feature $29.99/month.

Then after than the accessories page. Simple.

The only reason I did not choose 2 year is I don't want to be on a contract if something better comes along. THen I can sell the s3 for a 2 to 300. They only need to get a sim card.

BTW, does anyone think it's a good option to choose $1.99. Not sure I need the higher warranty, I never lost my phone so that isn't really my concern

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress