1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best/Fastest SD Card for Samsung S3?

There are lots of forum debates over various cards, sizes, and classes but those with knowledge and preferably with a Samsung S3, which card would you suggest?

I read that the higher class cards are best for video capture and large file transfer but the lower class ones (eg. SanDisk Class 4) are faster for smaller file transfers...is this true?

I will probably get a 32gb card based on how much I think I'll need it and I don't care about how much it is, I just want something that's fast.

PS. I have the 32gb Class 4 SanDisk microSDHC card that came with my HTC Thunderbolt...should I just reformat that and us it or go for a higher speed class10 or UHS-1 card or something?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

Default Re: Best/Fastest SD Card for Samsung S3?

The classes relate to the speed capability of the card. Anything class 4 or higher will be fine - and will support HD video recording without issue.

If you want the "best" ... you could get a class 10 for faster theoretical speed - but your current class 4 would be just fine. I doubt you'd ever notice any difference in regular usage.

This isn't out yet, but will be the "best".

Not sure if the S3 can even take advantage of it though.

I ordered the Samsung 32gb class 10 card from Fry's online 39.00 Be careful where you buy any SD card, there are many fake cards out there... If you go to the Samsung website and click on shop now it will list some of there authorized Samsung retailers for the product.

ROM
    AOKP JB-MR1 4.2.2

I have a Sandisk class 10 32GB on the way

Any thoughts on the where to get the best deals on these cards?
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Class 6 is optimal read on android. Class 10 won't do u any good on Android just on the pc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    ROM
    Imo lk

Quote Originally Posted by richardfoc View Post
    Any thoughts on the where to get the best deals on these cards?
    I'm also curious as to where to get the best deal. EBay had tons off them for cheap but are there any other places people recommend?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Anyone familiar with "Sandisk Mobile Ultra"? Example: