How do I get it to text "ya" instead of "yahoo

Ultrapale

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
In the first few minutes of having the phone I had trouble with "still" it kept getting changed. Immediately went to SwiftKey. If you are using the stock keyboard, I'd start there. :)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The predictive text provides a couple words while you are typing. So type "ya" and ya should be the first suggestion while Yahoo is second. You can also turn predictive text off so it won't change your words or add it to the dictionary. Lastly, use another keyboard like others have said. Plenty of options.

DJSgalaxy

May 6, 2011
Visit site
It you wanna stick it out with the Samsung keyboard then change the predictive words settings so they aren't intrusive.

First, pull down the notification bar and select the keyboard icon. Hit the settings icon for the Samsung keyboard. On the predictive words, just turn it off. As a matter of fact, the only thing I have turned on is spell correction.

That should help dramatically. It helped me. Plus, the more you use the Samsung keyboard the better it gets. So far so good.

Sent from my VZW Samsung Galaxy SIII

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
It you wanna stick it out with the Samsung keyboard then change the predictive words settings so they aren't intrusive.

First, pull down the notification bar and select the keyboard icon. Hit the settings icon for the Samsung keyboard. On the predictive words, just turn it off. As a matter of fact, the only thing I have turned on is spell correction.

That should help dramatically. It helped me. Plus, the more you use the Samsung keyboard the better it gets. So far so good.

How do you turn on spell correction? I cant even find that setting. I see "predictive text" and thats it.

Reactions: cmgodwin

DJSgalaxy

May 6, 2011
Visit site
If you touch Predictive text, it will sense you to another menu. Not the on/off button though, touch the word Predictive.

New2GalaxyIII

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
How can I turn off predictive texting completely, while keeping SWYPE capabilities within the Samsung keyboard? Is that even possible?

If not, what are some keyboard apps that you would suggest? Predictive text sucks ballz.

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My question is why is there two different user dictionaries? one for predictive text and one for user dictionary that was saved by google... all my new words go strt to predictive text learned words... kinda stupid to manage two dictionaries. Also if i type a word and hit space then realize i made a mistake i use to be able to click the word and edit with the bionic but with the s3 i have to backspace and retry. any one know of a workaround?

Tdortch

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy S2. I would like to get rid of non-words like 'tge' and such that it tries to use as real words. Any ideas? And, is there a keyboard app out there that still supports Swype, and is better?

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
autocorrect = major annoyance + embarrassing mistakes

Agreed. It doesn't take much to learn the keyboard fluently. It happens for me that I spend less time deleting single characters than deleting whole words and waiting for autocorrect to pick up what I'm thinking.