What is up with Group Messaging???

Realestatepro

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone!

So i just upgraded from a HTC Rezound to the new Galaxy SIII and i will say so far i am very pleased with the phone and its performance however i am a little confused on the group messaging...

My friends and i tend to create group messages on a regular and on my HTC rezound the group messaging was rendered more or less like a chat... as the messages were sent they came into one chat style message... however im noticing that with the Samsung galaxy group messages are divided into individual messages... WTF this makes it very hard to keep up with the conversation and see who is saying what and at what time...

is there a way to change this in the settings? or is this simply the way it is?

if anyone can shed some light on this issue or some ideas / suggestions on how to resolve this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys!

hotshot8148

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed this issue myself, I am kinda mad that it doesn't work properly like the iPhone does. I'm hoping its just a bug and verizon will fix it.

jmcox99

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
From what I understand you cannot use it with the stock messaging app. I have always used Handcent but in one of the recent updates they added support for group messaging. From within the app, goto menu->settings->application settings. Click on Default messaging App which will set Handcent as the default SMS/MMS app. then scroll to the bottom of that menu and select "Thread Group Conversation". Now when you send a group message or receive a group message it will go back to all and be threaded. I know for a fact it works when you were the originator of the group text, however I'm not sure about when you receive one. Hope that helps.

atlharry

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried Verizon Messages (free app)? It's ugly as sin, but it think it handles group messages ok.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Realestatepro

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Yea I figured I would end up having to use a 3rd party application which sucks I really hope Samsung addresses this issue because or really sucks that they aren't rendered like an actual chat like most phones this is def one feature I miss about my HTC rezound...thanks for the input though guys

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Maxx that had group messaging, not sure why Samsung would not include the feature in the texting app. The commish for our fantasy league sent out a text to everyone last night and with everyone replying, it just makes a mess of your inbox.

franky1234

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I just talked to Samsung Mobile Galaxy group and this is known problem on receiving group messages from other phones specially apple phones. The group message does not get deliver and sender does not get rejection either, this is pretty bad. Group messaging is a basic function for these days parents, friends and collaborators. I can not believe they do not support this function. If they can not fix this function shortly, I have to go back to my iphone. Seriously!

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I just talked to Samsung Mobile Galaxy group and this is known problem on receiving group messages from other phones specially apple phones. The group message does not get deliver and sender does not get rejection either, this is pretty bad. Group messaging is a basic function for these days parents, friends and collaborators. I can not believe they do not support this function. If they can not fix this function shortly, I have to go back to my iphone. Seriously!

Ummm...what?!?!? There is a reason this thread is 9 months old, it's because the group messaging issue was fix a LONG time ago. I use it all the time with friends that have Andoid and iPhone, works perfectly. (and yes, I'm using the stock messaging app). Haven't had any friends complain about not responding to messages...

What software version are you running?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20