Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hotshot8148
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What is up with Group Messaging???

Hey Everyone!

So i just upgraded from a HTC Rezound to the new Galaxy S3 and i will say so far i am very pleased with the phone and its performance however i am a little confused on the group messaging...

My friends and i tend to create group messages on a regular and on my HTC rezound the group messaging was rendered more or less like a chat... as the messages were sent they came into one chat style message... however im noticing that with the Samsung galaxy group messages are divided into individual messages... WTF this makes it very hard to keep up with the conversation and see who is saying what and at what time...

is there a way to change this in the settings? or is this simply the way it is?

if anyone can shed some light on this issue or some ideas / suggestions on how to resolve this it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys!
    Mista Los
    Android...its NOT a phone... Its a Lifestyle!-Mista Los

Follow me at your own risk :
    www.Twitter.com/Realestatepro
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Really no else has experienced this yet?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: What is up with Group Messaging???

I've noticed this issue myself, I am kinda mad that it doesn't work properly like the iPhone does. I'm hoping its just a bug and verizon will fix it.
    Realestatepro likes this.

From what I understand you cannot use it with the stock messaging app. I have always used Handcent but in one of the recent updates they added support for group messaging. From within the app, goto menu->settings->application settings. Click on Default messaging App which will set Handcent as the default SMS/MMS app. then scroll to the bottom of that menu and select "Thread Group Conversation". Now when you send a group message or receive a group message it will go back to all and be threaded. I know for a fact it works when you were the originator of the group text, however I'm not sure about when you receive one. Hope that helps.

I agree, it's lame! You're going to have to use a third party IM tool like suggested.

Have you tried Verizon Messages (free app)? It's ugly as sin, but it think it handles group messages ok.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yea I figured I would end up having to use a 3rd party application which sucks I really hope Samsung addresses this issue because or really sucks that they aren't rendered like an actual chat like most phones this is def one feature I miss about my HTC rezound...thanks for the input though guys

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Coming from a Maxx that had group messaging, not sure why Samsung would not include the feature in the texting app. The commish for our fantasy league sent out a text to everyone last night and with everyone replying, it just makes a mess of your inbox.

I just talked to Samsung Mobile Galaxy group and this is known problem on receiving group messages from other phones specially apple phones. The group message does not get deliver and sender does not get rejection either, this is pretty bad. Group messaging is a basic function for these days parents, friends and collaborators. I can not believe they do not support this function. If they can not fix this function shortly, I have to go back to my iphone. Seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by franky1234 View Post
    I just talked to Samsung Mobile Galaxy group and this is known problem on receiving group messages from other phones specially apple phones. The group message does not get deliver and sender does not get rejection either, this is pretty bad. Group messaging is a basic function for these days parents, friends and collaborators. I can not believe they do not support this function. If they can not fix this function shortly, I have to go back to my iphone. Seriously!
    Ummm...what?!?!? There is a reason this thread is 9 months old, it's because the group messaging issue was fix a LONG time ago. I use it all the time with friends that have Andoid and iPhone, works perfectly. (and yes, I'm using the stock messaging app). Haven't had any friends complain about not responding to messages...

What software version are you running?

I'm still having this same issue...is there any particular settings that need to be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Johns Bunn View Post
    I'm still having this same issue...is there any particular settings that need to be changed?
    Are you running the latest software version? (4.1.2)

ROM
    stock 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by paintdrinkingpete View Post
    Are you running the latest software version? (4.1.2)
    Off topic: Pete i'm so glad you're in this forum. You were very helpful in the Tbolt forum.
    On topic: Messages > Menu > Settings > (scroll down) Group conversations. Yes?