Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ICS is kind of a mess

I gotta get critical here fellas. I'm soo frustrated at how a giagantic OS, the world's most popular OS offers almost no in device support... Seriously, how many people are posting common questions on this forum like how do I get HTML instead of Text in the email? Or why can't I edit contacts synced from Facebook? Why are my pictures synced from FB blurry?

I understand android people like to tweek but did you ever think its because stuff isn't obvious, is hard to find, and needs apps and fixes just to make it work as it really should?

And don't get me started on the fragmentation of fonts, and functions within ICS. I loved swipe to delete on WebOS but here its available only in notifications, but no where else? Really? Well, did each designer build parts of this without a theme and just string it all together? How about the ability to close an app? Yeah sometimes you can and other times you have to kill it from the task manager? Did anyone oversee this monster?

And lastly, could someone pay attention to making more beautiful icons. I mean our phones are a huge part of our daily lives. I feel like there was almost no thought of esthetics.

Sorry to have to say this, because I really admire the openess and customization which is why I won't buy iphone, but we really ought to demand more from Google. Here to stay but just really think things could be MUCH better
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    ROM
    Clean ROM 4.0

Most of the things your calling out are individual app problems not ICS problems. That along with icon design isn't Google's fault. I'm not trying to be flip but if you want that kinda control.. Well that's what the fruit does.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP raised some valid issues. I too wonder why swipe to remove is available in the notifications menu, but not in Gmail or text messaging. ICS and JB could stand to benefit from a little more cohesion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

It pisses me off at all of crap you have to do just to delete an app

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: ICS is kind of a mess

Coming from a Gnex to the sg3...most of what u are saying is touchwiz not vanilla ics. There is def a layer of complexity Samsung added to ics. Yes...u get some additional cool features...but that's why I like android. You get to pick the flavor...not have someone serve u one flavor and say that one taste suits everyone.