Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Default Pink Screen Hue?

Just wondering if anyone has an S3 with a noticeably pink screen hue? In my case it seems fine at the top and then the pink appears and intensifies about 1/4 of the way down.

ROM
    Community Rom 2.0

Cant tell ifvits my eyes playing tricks on me but looking at it there may be a pink hue right along the bottom of the screen.

Will start watching it now. Never noticed it last night

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Default Re: Pink Screen Hue?

my phone has two dark purple blotches on thr sides. Very noticeable. Im going to hope they'll switch it out today.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

I'm on my second S3 as the first one had a very noticeable pink hue at the bottom 1/4 of the screen. It would be worse when I would switch to landscape view and read Web pages as the hue would be very pronounced on the right side of the screen.

Now my new phone doesn't have the pink at the bottom of the screen but instead the whole screen has a pink hue to it.

Comparing it to my Gnex it definitely is a lot less bright and very pink. I might try to exchange it again or just return it before my 14 days are up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sabban View Post
    Cant tell ifvits my eyes playing tricks on me but looking at it there may be a pink hue right along the bottom of the screen.

Will start watching it now. Never noticed it last night

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    It's not your eyes playing tricks on you -- that's exactly what I was seeing as well.

I have a second one for comparison, and I'll post pics tonight with the screen brightness turned up all the way on both. You'll be surprised at the difference.

There's pink, and there's blue. The pink is noticeably brighter and at first glance looks a lot better because of it. The bluish one is a lot dimmer, but after a few minutes staring at both, I decided the bluish one is better - because it didn't have any pink in it

I demoed it on the post podcast hangout last night and it was even obvious on camera.

i have the same problem!!!!

Omg i just experienced this problem when after browsing for awhile on instagram. Unfortunately the phone just shutted down after that and its all black screen throughout.