Vz asst backup plus

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Go into your settings, click application manager, and then click on running. That screen will tell a different story.

I also bypassed the option when I activated my phone, but I just checked, and you are right it is running. How do I permanently remove it? I stopped it, but I'm assuming when I turn the phone off and back on it'll reappear :(

Doxcyguy617

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I would wake up every morning to this process either running very slowly or having had failed. It was annoying and I am glad to have been able to resolve by removing it from my account online.

:cool:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I also bypassed the option when I activated my phone, but I just checked, and you are right it is running. How do I permanently remove it? I stopped it, but I'm assuming when I turn the phone off and back on it'll reappear :(

All you should need to do is force stop and disable each of these services via settings -> application manager -> Running and/or All (I think they are in the running tab): Sync Service, Verizon SSO Engine Service, and Backup Assistant Plus Service. You can also Clear Data for each of these as well.

You will also see another listing called Backup Assistant Plus in the same list. When you open it, there will not be an option to disable it like there was above. Don't worry about that. It's 0 bytes and will not run.

Other things I've safely disabled include: SNS (Facebook), V Cast Tones, VZ Navigator; Samsung Account, Backup Provider, Cloud Data Relay, and Cloud Syncadapters; S Voice, My Verizon Mobile, Music Hub, Media Hub, DirectShare Manager, Color (Facebook related), Apps, Amazon Kindle, AllShare Play, and AllShare Connector.

I personally don't suggest using task managers, nor "bloat freezers." If it can't be disabled in the stock application manager, there's probably a really good reason for it.