Vz asst backup plus

InkedAdrenaline

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just switched from an iphone 4s to this so I'm still getting used to everything.
So far I've got SwiftKey keyboard and nova launcher so I'm getting there.

My question is how can I disable this vz backup crap? I though I disabled it in app manager but it still tries to back up. Any help is appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I went into my VZW account online and removed it from the list of free services. It hasn't bothered me since. I wish I could remove it from the phone, but doesn't seem to be an option without root.

I'm suspicious that even though I removed it, it'll somehow bother me in the future.

Reactions: Doxcyguy617

am4bilbo

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my wife's S3 and installed a stripped down ROM which deleted all of the Verizon crap however she was getting a repetitive text from 6205(Verizon) with a VZWMN:1 message. Once you remove the Backup Assistant Plus "feature" from verizonwireless.com the messages stopped. Good luck!

jchristianh

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Any help on locating it on verizonwireless.com? I looked under change features and even plan. Under features all I could do was sign up for Backup Assistance Plus. Couldn't find any removal option for it.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Any help on locating it on verizonwireless.com? I looked under change features and even plan. Under features all I could do was sign up for Backup Assistance Plus. Couldn't find any removal option for it.

further down the line there is another backup assistant plus and it has a charge of 0 you have to remove that one to get it gone for good

brodrick

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Dang, that's where I found that mine was subscribed. Verizon seems obsessed with this annoying program.

(Too slow in answering am I)

jchristianh

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
further down the line there is another backup assistant plus and it has a charge of 0 you have to remove that one to get it gone for good

Yea, like the poster above me I haven't had any problems, I was just curious. However, I don't have any such feature so I'm assuming thats why I haven't had any residual issues. Thanks for the location so I could verify. Glad I'm not going crazy lol. :)

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The first time you boot, or post factory reset, it will prompt you to either Accept the Terms and Conditions or Skip. In the past, skipping would have been enough to stop it from running. Instead it tries to setup about 5 other backup and sync related Verizon apps. To avoid this, you need to repeatedly hit the home button to get you out of it, and directly to the home screen.

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure when I booted for the first time I just hit 'skip' and it hasn't bothered me since. I just checked my vz account online, and sure enough it was not a feature I had (but I could add it for free!) No thanks...

I just assumed I wasn't being bothered by it since I had been using Google to back up all my contacts and everything on my DX, but who knows...

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
It's not running under "services in use" but when I go to "cached processes" it is there as a cached background process using 2.5MB. So that tells me it HAS done something, but I've never gotten any notifications from it asking to run.

Under the "all apps" tab I actually have two entries for Backup Assistant Plus, both at 0.0B. If I click on the first one it gives me the option to disable it, but on the second one the disable button is grayed out. Like I said, it's not bothering me in any way... like the wifi autoconnect is.

Bbeelzebub

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed there are two. One does contacts, one does media. I ended up freezing all the VZW stuff that there was, then went into the one Back Up Assistant that won't allow you to disable and cleared the cache. It hasn't come up since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair