Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ibcop
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Bricked

    Overnight my battery went completely dead, which is suspect because I was at 60% when I went to sleep. So when I woke up I plugged it in and charged it for awhile then powered it on. It makes it to the home screen and I have about 10 seconds after that until it just completely freezes up.

    The only app I installed last night was Beautiful Widgets (had it on my DX). I was able to uninstall that and still it's frozen. So I've tried to do a factory reset and it makes it all the way to the part where it says "shutting down" on the screen, then several minutes later it just goes back to the lock screen and is frozen. Anyone have any helpful suggestions prior to me taking it to Verizon?? Help.
  2. #2  
    ack154's Avatar

    Posts
    105 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts

    Default Re: Bricked

    If you haven't modded in any way and have tried a factory reset, I'd say Verizon is the next step.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Bricked

    No mods. Ugh- I hate going in to talk to those bozo's.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Bricked

    Have you tried a battery pull?
  5. #5  

    Default

    This happened to me after I restarted the phone. VZW csr said it had to be an app but I really didn't download any thing out of the ordinary. So I put the phone in safe mode and everything worked as it should and did not freeze, I did a factory reset while in safe mode and everything went good. I have not had a problem since but I also have been afraid to restart the phone again.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  
    ibcop's Avatar

    Posts
    1,718 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Bricked

    Quote Originally Posted by claret View Post
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    It's not a BlackBerry.....

    j/k.....
    kst5768 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Bricked

    Went in to the store- thankfully the second employee who helped me actually knew how to do a hard reset and that worked. Volume up, home, and power buttons depressed at same time.
    At this point I'm pretty sure the Beautiful Widgets wifi and display widgets somehow are responsible- they were the last things I put on there then went to bed.

    Phone back to normal. Thanks for all the suggestions. I love this forum.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Bricked

    Quote Originally Posted by cornfed View Post
    Overnight my battery went completely dead, which is suspect because I was at 60% when I went to sleep. So when I woke up I plugged it in and charged it for awhile then powered it on. It makes it to the home screen and I have about 10 seconds after that until it just completely freezes up.

    The only app I installed last night was Beautiful Widgets (had it on my DX). I was able to uninstall that and still it's frozen. So I've tried to do a factory reset and it makes it all the way to the part where it says "shutting down" on the screen, then several minutes later it just goes back to the lock screen and is frozen. Anyone have any helpful suggestions prior to me taking it to Verizon?? Help.
    Just FYI, I have beautiful widgets installed and no lock-ups, so that's probably not the cause.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Bricked

    Have you restarted the phone since the hard reset? To see if it freezes again.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Have you tried rebooting into Safe Mode?...oh wait

    j/k


    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Bricked

    I had the same problem just. Couple days ago. It turns out it was Not updates to the color app that was causing my problem.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Bricked

    Quote Originally Posted by raremage View Post
    Just FYI, I have beautiful widgets installed and no lock-ups, so that's probably not the cause.
    Maybe I will install it again then. I like the BW.... Thanks.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Bricked

    I also have all of the Beautiful Widget apps and have no problems with my SIII. Must have been a different app or apps.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Bricked

    Do you have an sd card installed? A corrupted file/file system can cause rebooting and freezing like you had.

    Problems can also occur when a memory card is moved from one device to another without formatting it first, as there may be corrupted or incompatible files on the card that cause the new os to freeze, crash, and reboot/shutdown.
    Thanked by:
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Bricked

    how do you go to safe mode never heard of this in a phone
  16. #16  
    richardpandy's Avatar

    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock w/ Root

    Default Re: Bricked

    Yeah I have had BW installed from last Monday when I got the phone and haven't had one problem with it. 60% and dead the next morning? I passed out at 9 last night with 32% battery and woke up and it had 9% left. I am completely stock too with 4G. If your battery drains that fast, you have some problems.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: Bricked

    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    Do you have an sd card installed? A corrupted file/file system can cause rebooting and freezing like you had.

    Problems can also occur when a memory card is moved from one device to another without formatting it first, as there may be corrupted or incompatible files on the card that cause the new os to freeze, crash, and reboot/shutdown.
    This seemed to work. Thanks!
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Bricked

    Quote Originally Posted by xliderider View Post
    Do you have an sd card installed? A corrupted file/file system can cause rebooting and freezing like you had.

    Problems can also occur when a memory card is moved from one device to another without formatting it first, as there may be corrupted or incompatible files on the card that cause the new os to freeze, crash, and reboot/shutdown.
    I agree!

    Quote Originally Posted by cornfed View Post
    This seemed to work. Thanks!
    This is why I love forums!!
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Bricked

    Quote Originally Posted by cornfed View Post
    Went in to the store- thankfully the second employee who helped me actually knew how to do a hard reset and that worked. Volume up, home, and power buttons depressed at same time.
    At this point I'm pretty sure the Beautiful Widgets wifi and display widgets somehow are responsible- they were the last things I put on there then went to bed.

    Phone back to normal. Thanks for all the suggestions. I love this forum.
    Sheesh all I am able to do is screen captures ....
    AKA TrendyProfessional1

Posting Permissions

B