Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default Browser Crashing...

Anyone having browser crash problems? I'm seeing it on 3-4 different browsers (the default, firefox, opera, and skyfire - although skyfire seems most stable)...

I can repeat this behavior with certain sites fairly regularly. I'm on my 5th Android phone, so I'm no novice, and I've never seen this before.

I have seen this with my Transformer Prime, the only other ICS device I've had.

This is fairly annoying, as even my Thunderbolt was a lot more stable as far as the browser goes.

cbs.sportsline sites crash the browser more often than not.

Anyone else seeing this?

Default Re: Browser Crashing...

Running Dolphin Browser HD with no issues.

I have the problem with the mobile Facebook site. I thought it was the stock browser and tried about 4 other browsers to fix it. All the other sites seem to work fine its only the Facebook site. I finally decided on using Dolphin HD and just dont go onto Facebook from it lol.

I second the mobile Facebook site - it totally freezes the standard browser until it says 'internet not responding'. I installed Chrome, works flawlessly. Chrome also links into your home PC Chrome and you can run your tabs on your phone, from your home PC. Sort of cool.

Same here, on my brand new GS3. I strongly prefer the mobile facebook site over the app.

Clicking on any link to a photo or status update with > 4 comments crashes the browser, 100% reliably. Very frustrating. Cleared the browser cache, no effect.

Opera works, but only loads fingernail-sized pictures from the mobile facebook site. Dolphin, Chrome and Firefox all suffered the same crashes.

Strange that I see so few search results on this.

Is it the phone? I'm still within my 14 days where I can return it. I suspect it's a facebook problem, though, right?

Facebook for your phone is a disgrace. I still cannot believe that a social network giant cannot seem to figure out what it takes to make a decent app...

Have the same issue while browsing on Facebook.
    Problem isn't the stock browser as it performs great on other sites.
    Deleted my Facebook account.

The only app I've had issues w/ is Tapatalk.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm having the same problem with Sportsline.com. Have you been able to find a fix? It actually worked once so I thought it was fixed. Not the case.
    I've also started having problems with a game I'm playing randomly crashing.
    Any help would be awesome!