• 11 Post By droidXclone
  • 1 Post By BigCTM
  • 1 Post By junksecret
  • 1 Post By WillC
  • 2 Post By NewPepper
  • 2 Post By 06cbrf4i
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Exciting message coming soon?

Was playing around on my S3 earlier and got a text from Verizon saying they had an exciting message on its way.. anyone know what it's about?

Default Re: Exciting message coming soon?

They are going to "upgrade" your device by sending it an OTA that disables Google universal search?

I have a feeling that whatever it is, it'll be much more exciting for Verizon than for you or I.

Maybe...

"Switch to one of our exciting new SHARED data plans with UNLIMITED VOICE and get a free 1-month subscription to CityID!"

or...

All VCAST media, 5% off through Sunday!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts

The message will be that they are going to unlock the bootloader.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    SAHARAT likes this.

Now that Sprint turned on their first LTE test market, all the data hogs will flock to their unlimited plan and make Verizon's LTE even faster?

ROM
    Depends on my mood ^^

Quote Originally Posted by truk999 View Post
    Now that Sprint turned on their first LTE test market, all the data hogs will flock to their unlimited plan and make Verizon's LTE even faster?
    Why would those data hogs with unlimited LTE on Verizon go to Sprint's unlimited LTE? Its a sideways upgrade at best. They will really only attract those on tiered data plans on the other carriers instead or 3G Sprint users. As the 3G Sprint users migrate to their LTE network, that will increase 3G speeds for the remaining users, win-win for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by droidXclone View Post
    I have a feeling that whatever it is, it'll be much more exciting for Verizon than for you or I.

Maybe...

"Switch to one of our exciting new SHARED data plans with UNLIMITED VOICE and get a free 1-month subscription to CityID!"

or...

All VCAST media, 5% off through Sunday!
    That's rich ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    6,707 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I got that message to lol, something makes me think it's more exciting for Verizon then the customers. It is friday the 13th btw

sent by my Galaxy S3

Gee, I didn't get that message, does that mean I won't get the HUGE discount on City ID, Vcast & an opportunity to trade my unlimited data for a 2GB tiered plan?????
    Johnnybee likes this.

ROM
    ?

OTA update that brings back the WiFi toggle, disables the WiFi popups and ........blocks Root exploits.
    Johnnybee likes this.

ROM
    Liquid ICS on my DX

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    OTA update that brings back the WiFi toggle, disables the WiFi popups and ........blocks Root exploits.
    Here's to wishing that would happen, but no way they would do that. I hate the on going WiFi notification in the status bar.

Global Posts
    1,377 Global Posts
    ROM
    Always changing

They are not saying who will be excited, them or us, in the end it will be verizon making out on this message for sure

I had a guy at the verizon store get all excited and tell me the share plans were better and he would look at my plan to see what would be best, after a couple seconds he sadly said ya looks like you are better off where you are
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I think its the GameTitanium thing they announced today. Pay a subscription of 5.99 for 100 android apps.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    4,347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdude2014 View Post
    I think its the GameTitanium thing they announced today. Pay a subscription of 5.99 for 100 android apps.

Yeah, why not run that data plan up.....for those that don't have "unlimited".

Global Posts
    6,707 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

If thats what it is they probably force it on the next update if ya remain on a stock rom

Jelly Bean OTA update. Unfortunately, Verizon will have many liability lawsuits, since there will be many heart attacks, since we were not expecting this so soon.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Iphone 5 is on its way!

Congratulations, your payment has been deducted from your bank account and has posted successfully! Stay tuned for additional excitement around this same day next month.
    Thanked by:
    dubge and Johnnybee like this.

I would guess they are going to introduce their own "search" since the latest update reportedly removes the Universal Search due to the Apple injunction.
    Steve

Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidnc View Post
    I got that message to lol, something makes me think it's more exciting for Verizon then the customers. It is friday the 13th btw

sent by my Galaxy S3
    It shows it as being an MMS with a play button. Is there more if you click on it?

Droid fighter on its way

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CM7.2 / Incredikernel

It is probably going to be a way to unlock the s3 bootloader. It will only cost a fee of $100, force those of us on unlimited to move to the new shared plans and void the warranty. Sounds about right.
    Kalnel and jozzzdroid like this.

It's probably the update that allows the phone to hook up European networks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I got one of these once before last year. All it ended up being was some lame ad. But of course, we knew it would be already didn't we?

I got that message too. Not sure what it was all about but I haven't seen a follow up yet. My wife also on our family plan didn't get it. Wondering if they sent it just gs3s?

Who knows but pretty sure I agree that is will likely be much more exciting for them than us as consumers.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums