Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By sloc88
  • 1 Post By Cobravision
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Default music controls on lock screen

I am seriously looking at the SIII and I would like to know while listening to music or podcast are there music controls on the lock screen?

Default Re: music controls on lock screen

No, as far as I can tell (a day into owning one), there are no lockscreen controls.
    Thanked by:
    ngc457 

Not by default, but I am sure there is or will be a way to get this. I miss this feature also.
    Thanked by:
    ngc457 

I use RealPlayer Beta. You get the music controls on the lock screen. I think that there are a couple of other apps that have the controls on the lock screen as well.
    Thanked by 2:
    ngc457 

Power Amp. Works great and very nice lock screen controls with tons of options
    Thanked by 2:
    Defzer0 likes this.

You could get Widgetlocker, which allows you to add any widget to the lockscreen, even if your player doesn't have lockscreen widgets or only has them in the premium version.
    d1ez3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sloc88 View Post
    Listening with Power Amp as I type. The full music player shows on the lock screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by sloc88 View Post
    Power Amp was one of the other ones I was thinking of.

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

player pro also lets you control music play from the lock screen

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

There are music controls by default on the S3, at least on my Verizon Galaxy S3. Only thing is that it is not on the lock screen but rather the notification pulldown menu. You have to pull down and use them from there.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

Amazon mp3 player has lock screen controls for me with face unlock

I use Google play music and it has music controls on the lock screen. I'm not sure about the native music app.

I use BT headphones. I rarely have a need to turn the screen on while listening. With controls on the headphones you can skip tracks pretty easily.

Also, you can completely disable the lockscreen if you are so inclined. That way the phone jumps straight to the last opened app after pressing power or home button.

Just throwing out a couple of alternatives...

-Suntan

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lashes33 View Post
    I use Google play music and it has music controls on the lock screen. I'm not sure about the native music app.

how do you have music controls on the lock screen? I also use Google Play Music but I dont have any controls on my lock screen. There is only one if i pull down my notification bar.

Quote Originally Posted by dupijuez View Post
    how do you have music controls on the lock screen? I also use Google Play Music but I dont have any controls on my lock screen. There is only one if i pull down my notification bar.
    On my pattern lock screen, there are controls for Google Music but not the stock player. My notification bar does not appear to be accessible from the pattern lock screen.

It only works if you use the pin or password security (not sure about the others). It doesn't work with the swipe method.

Quote Originally Posted by lashes33 View Post

For me, I am not getting any Google Play controls on my lockscreen....Am I doing something wrong...So far, one of the biggest dissapointments to me...Other than the bootloader...LOL

EDIT: Quess I should have kept reading...lol..Forgive me

I use Go locker for my lock screen and you can put the controls on your lock screen and it will control Amazon, google music, or the native app.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

You can try Media Utilities and WidgetLocker.

Lightbulb Re: music controls on lock screen

Hi!
    It's possible, to control your stock music player from lock screen with password. Just simply, -before you set a passcode, or any security for the lock screen- go to Steeings-My device-Lock screen-Lock screen widgets, than turn off the "Favorite apps or Camera" option. After this you can set a passcode, and from the lock screen, now you can control you stock music player.